Race Equality Week is an annual UK-wide movement uniting thousands of organisations and individuals to address the barriers to race equality in the workplace.
The events of 2020, including the Black Lives Matter movement and the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on ethnic minority communities, has heightened public consciousness of race inequality.
The aim of Race Equality Week is to unite employees, focuses senior leaders, and bring organisations together. It also encourages them to continue their activity and drive race equality all year long.
This year’s theme is #ActionNotJustWords and there are several ways in which you and your teams can get involved:
- Join in with some of the public events arranged by Race Equality Matters and their partners
- Register to be a part of the Race Equality Network
- Hold a Safe Space – providing a protected space to enable conversations with the aim of generating action-focussed, meaningful and tailored outcomes
- Commit to actions and not just words with The Big Promise
- Show your support with the Race Equality Virtual Badge – a visible movement of support.
At Major Players, we are proud supporters of Race Equality Week and whilst we recognise we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we are fully committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees and communities.
You can find out more about our DE&I Commitments here.