Marketing Director - Hybrid - 1 day in Portsmouth HQ (min) - up to £140k + £8.5k car allowance
Our valued client partner, UK's leading trades listing business, is looking for a senior data-driven, marketplace marketer for the role of Trade Marketing Director, to head their entire B2B offering.
Marketing Director - The role
With the new leadership in place, there is a need for a data-driven, fully integrated marketer to make growth-focused strategic decisions at the business. You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and the Chief Growth Officer and lead a team of extremely ambitious B2B marketers. You will lead on full-funnel marketing strategies that are brand-focused and helps the business move away from offer-led approach. You will be utilising ATL and BTL channels to achieve not only greater acquisition but also enhanced conversion rates and retention. The revenue is generated from trades businesses of all sizes - individual tradesmen subscribing to the marketplace as well as larger regional trade businesses
Marketing Director - The responsibilities
1. Develop clear strategies to acquire and retain trades down the marketing funnel. Creating integrated campaigns using a wider range of marketing channels (Digital Direct, Organic, PPC, Social, DM, Email, SMS) to drive awareness, consideration and then conversion for trades. Develop brand positioning for trades (in cooperation with CMO), including clear reasons to believe for all segment.
2. Build and deliver a strategy to reduce the reliance on offer-led member acquisition and move to more brand-led acquisition and retention, whilst still delivering the in-year sales and retention performance.
3. Develop a clear content strategy encompassing influencer strategy, social calendar and reduced reliance on Facebook ads in order to enhance the trade prospects' database.
4. Develop an acquisition pipeline that can progressively engage with prospects - enriching the prospects' database along the way to enable very tight targeting.
5. Lead through data: candidate must have a very strong bias to data driven decision making and KPI delivery, working closely with Data & Insights teams. The Marketing Director needs to inspire this team to keep improving and find new scalable acquisition and retention solutions.
6. Be a vital member of the Marketing Management team (Trade, Consumer & PR) and virtual member of the Growth Management team (Sales, Retention, Operations). Build trust and confidence within the organisation as a whole.
7. Lead and manage the develop of a team of ~6-12 marketers (some matrix-managed) across trade acquisition and retention. Collaborate with other CMO direct reports including digital marketing (shared service), CRM (shared service) and consumer marketing (ATL, PR, Social, Insight).
8. Develop customisable strategies that enhance subscriber retention.
Marketing Director - Key requirements
1. B2B Marketing experience including experience working with smaller businesses in a marketplace
2. Multichannel marketing to drive brand awareness and performance marketing to drive solid ROI
3. Strategic, growth-focused and data-driven thinking
4. Experience working across different CRM systems to design and build targeting campaigns. A strong end-to-end understanding of product, customer experience and technology. User- and customer-focused, and passionate about delivery an outstanding customer proposition and optimising the journey across all touch points, on- and offline.
5. KPI focused
6. People leadership
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, then please get in contact with me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, and creative talent agency, and over the last 30 years we've consistently championed our people and communities. As a proud B Corp™, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and sustainable change for our partners, candidates and employees.
We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. For further information about our DE&I commitments, please visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/