IT Asset Manager - IT Manager - Asset Manager - 6 Months - £150 (Outside IR35) - Hybrid
My client are looking for an experienced IT Asset Manager to come in for an intial 6 months with a high chance of being extended up to 2 years!
Paying up to £150 (Outside IR35) depending on experience
- Update the Customer Asset Management records for both software and hardware
- Configuration Items.
- Post-performance of an IMAC in the Customer approved Asset Management toolset and perform asset disposal, where required
- Participate in the Customer's regular and ad hoc meetings as requested by the Customer
- Update hardware Configuration Items (CI's) in the Customer's Asset Management Register (currently METIS) upon receipt of items or upon IMACD
- Perform audit of Desktops, Laptop, Tablets, and Printers once a year, updating the
- Customer's Asset Register and reporting discrepancies
- Co-ordinate with OEM's for managing Warranties and replenishing the CI items in hardware Buffer Stocks
- Define hardware Buffer Stock products and replenishment levels
- Manage and replenish hardware Buffer Stocks through the use of the Customer's internal ordering system (currently EASY)
- Request immediate replacement of purchased Configuration Items (CI's) for all hardware 'Dead on Arrivals'
- Implement hardware consolidation to rationalise and standardise on EUC equipment and minimise age related faults with the customer's agreement
- Recommend alternative hardware products to rationalise the Customer's hardware portfolio and ensure continuity as products go end of life
- Provide ad-hoc hardware reports as required by the Customer
- Evaluate and test new hardware products (except PC and laptops) and provide the Customer with purchasing advice before the items become regular stock items.
- Provide monthly report
- Maintain availability of Buffer Stocks items (Item levels defined by Customer)
- Maintain Tape Media Buffer Stock
- Order media tapes for the datacentre tape robot libraries.
- Label and dispatch tapes to the Customer's datacentres
- Manage the datacentre media tape rotation by ejecting full tapes from the tape robot libraries and loading empty tapes.
- Keep an inventory of all tape rotations.
- Manage the physical movement of tapes through the management of the Customer's data archive company (Iron Mountain) and record the whereabouts of all media tapes.
The interview process has begun, so if you believe you have the right experience then please get in touch ASAP!