Growth & Performance:
Salary Survey 2020
We continue to see brands investing into in-house marketing and communication teams, which has increased demand for marketing generalists and communication specialists. Brands are putting greater emphasis on building longer-term brand strategies with particular focus upon the rise of conscious consumerism and sustainability, and face challenges in translating these across various touch points that cut through the noise. The customer journey and experience also remains key, with it set to overtake price and product in importance during the purchasing process.
- 90% of respondents work in permanent positions
- Females are slightly more prevalent within marketing with a 56% vs 44% split
- 40% said their marketing budget was increased in the last 12 months
- More regulation
- SME’s are continuing to invest in marketing budgets
As things evolve and change quickly with the digital age, so does the role of the business development manager. Over the last year we have seen BD professionals no longer be limited by just hitting targets, but also focus upon working inwards to see how their teams are trained on new technologies, communication skills, new sales techniques, product knowledge, etc. Technologies and big data continues to play a vital part, with brands seeking out those capable of scaling up using data and reporting at their fingertips.
- 76% revealed that they are looking to leave their existing role in 6 months
- 94% are working in permanent roles
- Even gender split of 50% male, 50% female
- Influencer marketing industry maturing
- In-house taking the lead
- Potentially less marketing spend