Major Players are working with an exciting global media business that specialises in the gaming industry. This young and expanding business are now looking for an experienced full-stack PHP web developer to join their Publishing Development team. They have a stellar publishing arm that includes a collection consisting of popular owned websites, and over 100 network site partners. This exciting business also produce class-leading content for their clients via their creative agency team, and work with publishers and advertisers to unlock audience value. This role can either be remote working or based at the company HQ in the beautiful city of Bath.
Contact: Joe Faulkner
Looking for an experienced full-stack PHP web developer to join the Publishing Development team. The team is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of Wordpress websites. You will also create websites with the in-house agency, for top-tier clients in the games industry. You will be part of our team supporting and developing websites, producing technical documentation, meeting with stakeholders, and working with your line manager to provide estimates and solutions for new work.
The ideal candidate will be experienced working with Wordpress on high-traffic publishing-oriented websites or creating them in an agency environment for third parties. If you have limited Wordpress experience, training is available.
* Developing new plugins and themes for Wordpress
* Adding bespoke functionality to websites as required
* Creating new websites to expand their portfolio
* Maintaining and improving our existing websites
* Writing well-structured, commented, and clean code
* Keeping up to date with modern web technologies
* Giving guidance and instruction to other developers and junior developers
* Maintaining documentation for systems and processes
Required skills and experience
* Knowledge of the Wordpress platform (training is available)
* Git, Bash, deployment tools (Capistrano), Node/NPM
* XML and RSS feed creation
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Able to thrive and adapt in a high speed environment
* Ability to organise your work and tasks
* Wordpress theme and plugin development
* Server administration experience.
* Experience of using Cloudflare and Digital Ocean or similar
* Working with Third Party APIs e.g. Amazon Associates
* Technical Search Engine Optimisation
* Advertising technology
* Google AMP