Web Developer- The Company
Social Energy are the pioneers of a green energy revolution!
Whilst the likes of Uber and Airbnb have transformed multi-billion dollar industries by giving control back to individuals, Social Energy is taking on the $9.1 Trillion Energy industry. SE has developed a global first renewable energy technology, enabling homeowners to reduce their energy bills by up to 70%, with 100% clean green energy. We are an innovative clean tech start-up, disrupting and transforming the way that electricity is used and bought in the home.
With Social Energy, customers around the world can make a viable investment in generating their own clean energy, thanks to a unique combination of AI-powered software and solar energy storage.
Web Developer- The role
Your role will consist of working in a small, growing team of developers to develop Social Energy's web-based sales systems. This will include internal tooling for administration, consumer pitching, remote site surveying tools and online web presence. You will operate in a fast-paced development environment, pushing code into a production environment multiple times a day and will be comfortable writing code that goes in to production in your first week. Within this role you will develop dynamic consumer-facing websites and web-apps using modern front-end view frameworks as well as helping to create a modern consumer mobile app written in React Native. You will also be tasked with building out a Node.js TypeScript API with functionality to support utility-scale operations, distributed database interactions, and FFI extensions, whilst additionally writing clean and clear documentation using OpenAPI and markdown.
Web Developer- Requirements
- Capable at writing modern and well-structured SCSS and CSS code that uses modern features (e.g. flexbox & grid)
- Must have experience with at least one modern front-end framework (e.g. React, Vue.js, Angular)
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, corollary experience with at least one statically-typed programming language (e.g. Java, C++, TypeScript)
- Ability to implement modern pre-processing, build, and transpilation tools
- Knowledge of cutting-edge security practices. Understanding of ACME, SSL certificates, and other encryption technologies (e.g. OpenSSL, RSA, SSH keys)
- Ability to use Git and the GitHub flow methodology for development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You will need to be able to work in a very collaborative environment and write clear documentation
- Working self-sufficiently when is required; there is always lots for everyone to do, you won't be micromanaged
Web Developer- Technologies
- Environment: Kubernetes, AWS, Ubuntu/Debian Linux, Netlify, GitHub
- Server-side: Node.js, TypeScript, CockroachDB, PHP (temporarily), Go
Web Developer- Desired skills but not essential
- Experience with Go (Golang) and strictly multi-threaded environments
- Experience with Vue.js and Nuxt.js, specifically
- Experience with developing or maintaining object-oriented PHP
- Experience working with developing React Native applications using Expo
- An understanding of the challenges and solutions inherent in distributed systems, ideally with experience and evidence of implementing it
What's on offer:
* A competitive salary with great benefits
* Plenty of scope to develop your career in a fast-growth business
* Opportunity to be seen, heard and counted in your contributions and not get lost in the noise and tangle of a large corporate business
Social Energy is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief or marital status.
This really is a unique opportunity to be a leading player in a growing business, and we would love to hear from you!
If you are a creative and determined hard worker, looking for a great new position at the UK's top green energy solution, please contact: Luke Russo at email@example.com or call 0207 845 7222.
Contact: Luke Russo