Travel Editor- Travel- South London
Contact: Lydia Stiller-Flowerdew
Travel Editor- The Company!
Major Players are working with a superstar brand in the lifestyle and travel world. They've got decades worth of heritage and a big passion for being at the forefront of youth culture. This is a vibrant, exciting and dynamic brand with significant global reach and influence and they've been providing a variety of services for almost 60 years.
Travel Editor- The Role!
This amazing brand is looking for a meticulously organised, process driven, creatively minded individual and with an eagle eye for detail for their Travel Editor. Responsible for the management of their editorial platform, this content hub producing daily articles spanning travel and lifestyle - you will be the person to not only maintain the success the site has enjoyed since its launch three years ago, but also take it to new dimensions. Managing a team of writers around the world as well as a network of freelances, you'll need to have proven editing skills, understand what content works for their millennial and Gen Z audience, know how to spot, analyse and interpret trends, and be a first class writer to boot. Oh, and it goes without saying a passion for travel goes with the territory. Sound like you? Then read on…
* Work within the Marketing Lab, sitting within the editorial team and reporting to the Head of Content.
* Edit and schedule all content that is published on their content platform. This will involve spelling and fact checking, optimizing content for SEO, and ensuring each and every article is the absolute best it can be, offering something new and exciting to the reader. Where an article is not up to scratch, it will be up to you to work with the writer to offer advice and tips to get it there.
* Write your own content, based on the editorial calendar, product launches and campaigns, that defines the site TOV and proves you a leader in best practice, both in terms of ideas and execution.
* Direct management of the Community Executive, overseeing the platforms Community Contributor Program they are responsible for.
* Manage a team of writers around the world as well as a network of freelancers, giving guidance on monthly article ideas and suggestions for improvement, based on your own knowledge and research.
* Conduct monthly reporting on the site's performance, identifying areas of strength and weaknesses and adapting content and process accordingly.
* Work closely with the social and video teams, coming up with ideas for content integration / making suggestions for social/video content based on learnings from six-two content performance.
* Contribute to monthly editorial meetings and quarterly trends meetings, feeding back to the wider team on performance, learnings and future ideas.
* Seek out opportunities for distribution outside of social and email, finding new ways to distribute content.
* Work closely with regional PR teams around the world, supporting with editorial requirements as needed whilst ensuring they are fully abreast of upcoming topics and content.
The perfect candidate will...
* Come from an editorial/journalism background with at least 4-5 years of experience - they want someone with a faultless eye for detail, and who's a real stickler for grammar.
* Understand what content works (and more importantly what content doesn't work) for our super savvy millennial and Gen Z audience. You'll need to know what our audience cares about, where they are having these discussions, and how our content can cut through the noise and offer something that will make them stop scrolling, click through and read.
* Have the ability to tell old stories in new ways. The travel landscape is constantly changing, our audience is constantly changing - you'll need to prove you have the ideas to keep up.
* Have proven experience in writing for SEO, have an innate understanding of SEO best practices, and understand how to execute an SEO strategy for editorial content.
* Have experience in Google Analytics reporting, and understand how to translate findings into actions.
* Be commercially minded, with ideas of how to merchandise product and drive traffic that will ultimately convert to their e-commerce site
* Be able to bring out the best in people and lead by example. You'll be feeding back on ideas and content on the daily, so will need to provide constructive feedback/criticism that will help the recipient learn and improve.
* Be proficient in WordPress and Photoshop
* Be an avid content consumer, actively engaged with brands, media and the content they produce.
* If you've got experience of international markets (esp. US, Canada and Australia) it would be a plus, but not essential as long as you have the desire to learn about their peeps.
Don't Miss out, Apply Today!
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "LYDIA STILLER- FLOWERDEW". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Lydia Stiller- Flowerdew- Lydia@majorplayers.co.uk | DD: + 44| 207 845 7214. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly if you would like more information before applying.
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
Contact: Lydia Stiller-Flowerdew