Technical Product Manager (Search)
Our client is here to make home repairs and improvements easy for everyone. Their vision is to make their platform the number one place homeowners go to get their jobs done by quality tradespeople.
Whilst they are a 24-year-old business, a big transformation has been taking place over the last three years to meet this ambition. They've built the UK's leading brand, expanded their trades base (44,000 trades FY21), and have seen record levels of consumer demand.
In fact, over the next few years they plan to grow their membership base 4-fold, alongside significant growth in homeowners using their marketplace for getting their jobs done - while making the process as easy as possible for homeowners and trades alike.
Just like they are for their members, they're quite particular about their employees too, and they're only looking for exceptional talent to join them on their exciting journey. If you want to be part of a forward-thinking, values driven business that truly puts its people first - then maybe this is the place for you?
Key responsibilities and main duties
* To be the product owner and advocate within the business for all of the current and future products within your personal portfolio, and how these will be launched
* Identify and develop Search based new products across their platform
* Liaise with all relevant stakeholder groups to identify new opportunities. Provide clear insight for Senior Management to help decisions about which ideas to take forward to launch.
* Manage live-service changes and enhancements of search products in own portfolio. Keep stakeholders informed of progress through formal and informal reporting.
* Oversee the end-to-end product management process, define and deliver the user experience for your own portfolio of products.
* Ensure alignment of trade proposition and search algorithm, highlighting concerns early.
* Ensure stakeholders (inc. trade comms and operations) are aware of and briefed of changes
* Set and measure key metrics (search response time, up time, lead distribution)
* Liaising and Training Membership Advice, Sales on what to look for, balancing what they need to know without telling them how the algorithm (neither directly or through inference)
* Supporting Trade & Membership Advice queries, support requests.
* Define and execute experiments, across departments, to quickly validate the product concepts we want to build.
* Work closely with development team to offer direction and insight to help the prioritisation, planning and estimation processes for their Agile development sprints as well as being available to clarify product requirements if/when required.
* Identifying epics, creating user stories and acceptance criteria to effectively manage the product backlog.
* Work closely with the Product Leadership to support the relevant stages of the product management process. Provide relevant supporting data to enable all new products to be properly quantified prior to launch as well as adopted effectively once live.
* Agree with the key operations stakeholders what success looks like for all new/enhanced products prior to launch.
* Coordinate and produce regular reporting, both behavioural & commercial, on own product portfolio.
* Be the "go-to-person" in the business for questions and support on Search based products in the portfolio.
* You will be a technical product manager/product owner with a significant experience in digital. Coming from a marketplace environment is a plus.
* Previous experience with Search products would be ideal although not essential.
* Excellent understanding of the product life-cycle, user experience and the processes required to effectively take new & enhanced products to market from idea to launch.
* Experience working in a Agile Scrum team as Product Owner/ Manager responsible for generating user stories and prioritizing the backlog.
* You will be comfortable and have the ability to actively lead a group of people. You'll participate and contribute to meetings and demonstrate a passion for organising and focussing stakeholders around a common goal.
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to deal with colleagues in a professional manner, across all levels of the organisation.
* You will be an effective presenter, able to communicate ideas and concepts to a range of different audiences with different levels of knowledge.
* Time management and planning skills that allow you to manage your own time effectively and to prioritise tasks to meet all demands.
* Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a fast-moving, reactive environment.
* Self-motivated and results-orientated - with the ability to work on own initiative and offer/implement new ideas.
* Able to challenge the status quo, be flexible and think in an innovative and creative way
* £70,000-£75,000pa + benefits/perks and a 15% company bonus
* Hybrid role
* Location: can be Portsmouth or London base - 2 days in the office, 3 at home
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, then please get in contact with me on 020 7845 7725 or connect on firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.
Contact: Maia Visnikar