Major Players are working with The Hundred - a sporting event like no other. World class entertainment, the world's best players and the women's and men's games on equal footing. It is the highest profile new sports event to launch in the UK for many years and received extensive media coverage, broadcast across Sky Sports and BBC Sport. The Hundred boasts partners who share our passion and energy for high-class sport and entertainment. The department is fun, energetic and lively with a "start-up" mentality.
As the Team Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for executing local marketing plans and brand activations for the London Spirit with a focus on diverse communities. The Hundred's aim is to broaden cricket's appeal by engaging both current fans and attracting new audiences to the sport, and these roles will be focused on growth audiences, particularly ethnically diverse communities, families and female audiences within London and the surrounding areas. This role will deliver a key component of The Hundred's audience strategy with an emphasis on building brand affinity for the London Spirit, driving ticket sales at Lord's cricket ground and engaging the local community.
WHO WE ARE
The London Spirit are one of the eight teams that play in The Hundred. The team is made up of two squads (Men's and Women's) and are based at Lord's, London.
Your contract will be with the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and you will be a part of The Hundred marketing team The role is based in London and you will have access to office space at Lord's. There will be travel around the region as well as regular meetings with The Hundred team on a monthly basis.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver their Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil their purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
* You're passionate about sport and its power to engage communities.
* You're excited about the challenge of reaching new audiences - Families, women and ethnically diverse communities.
* You're personable and have an excellent track record when it comes to building meaningful relationships.
* You're driven by the opportunity to build a new sports brand, grow its fan base and drive the brand through every touch point.
YOU'LL BE DOING
* Collaborating with your General Manager and London Spirit venue team to plan, deliver and evaluate an insight-led, local brand plan for the London Spirit that focuses on engaging families, women and ethnically diverse communities.
* Discovering, engaging and building relationships with a diverse range of local partners, influencers and people that can support the delivery of The Hundred and help to make the London Spirit famous.
* Building a plan of community engagement with relevant partners/people to ensure the local team brand is activated in the region with a strong focus on families, women and ethnically diverse communities.
* Work with The Hundred's Marketing, Digital and Comms team and host venue to build a strong local ticketing plan that delivers a broader audience for the London Spirit.
* Work with Digital, Communications and relevant Agencies to develop content opportunities for the teams to increase fan engagement and affinity for the team brand and The Hundred.
* Work with Events and Venue Operation managers to build the London Spirit brand at Lord's during The Hundred.
* Work with The Hundred Brand team in creative development and execution of brand assets across all touch points and be a brand guardian.
* Work with our Commercial partnerships team to collaborate on delivering commercial rights into your local communities.
* Build, manage and execute the annual marketing plans and deliver pre-competition planning meetings and annual reviews with The Hundred team, General Manager, Team Board and Lord's Marketing team.
* Demonstrable experience of working in Marketing or Brand related roles. Sport is not essential.
* A 'finger-on-the-pulse' in London and experience of activating across the region.
* A background of creating multi-channel marketing campaigns with a focus on diverse audiences.
* A natural ability to build relationships with an inclusive mindset and manage a range of diverse stakeholders.
* An understanding of customer experiences and the marketing funnel.
* Experience of briefing and managing agencies or third-party suppliers to deliver campaigns or projects.
* Strong attention to detail and a passion for creativity in all aspects of your work.
* Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
* Strong reporting and presentation skills.
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' holiday
* Private medical insurance
* Non-contributory 8% pension
* Life assurance
* 30% discount on New Balance items
Contact: Joe Faulkner