Social Media Manager - Arts - London
Contact: Simon Spencer-Rouen
Arts - Social Media Manager
This is an opportunity to join a forward thinking and passionate business that's rich in thousands of years of history. You will be a Social Media Manager with the creative skills to tell stories online, to spark conversations and above all remain relevant and engaging to the audience. This is an ideal role for a Social Media Manager who is passionate about the art, loves to spark topical conversation but also wants to deliver interesting content for audiences.
Responsibilities - Social Media Manager
* Create strategy to achieve and sustain growth targets for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram in line with the company's five-year plan
* Monitor developments and create effective response plans to changes in the social media landscape, for instance adapting strategies to algorithm changes or adopting emerging channels which can support business goals
* Regular monitoring and reporting on social media analytics and provision of actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders
* Deliver a high standard of community management including working with the Visitor Experience team to ensure customer service is consistent across all channels
* Provide 24/7 monitoring as well as participate in issues/crisis management procedures
* Act as social media champion across the museum. Increase social media literacy across the organisation by championing content ideation and creation among peers and being an active participant within the organisation's Digital Hub
* Develop monthly content calendars based on organisational priorities, museum activities and the external environment which are strategic but also responsive.
* Commission or create genuinely compelling content, particularly video and imagery, which supports marketing and PR campaigns.
* Ensure social media and web content is always targeted to priority audience segments, reflective of the brand and delivery priorities from the Content Framework.
* Maintain the company's tone of voice on social platforms through witty and surprising content
* Work with the wider marketing team to plan campaigns which use an appropriate mix of organic and paid content to meet business objectives.
Requirements - Social Media Manager
* Experience of creating social media content to successfully achieve organisational goals.
* Highly creative with experience of creating or of commissioning external suppliers to create content of the highest quality, specifically video and imagery.
* Sufficient data-literacy to understand social media analytics, and translate these into actionable recommendations.
* Direct experience of managing paid social media campaigns or experience of collaborating with specialists to effectively incorporate paid elements into social media plans.
* Excellent writing skills including a witty and upbeat tone, and ability to translate complex ideas into short form (eg tweets) at speed without errors.
* Effective communication skills, diplomacy and ability to influence at all levels, particularly with senior stakeholders.
* Experience of reporting on social media KPIs to senior colleagues and regularly adapting strategies in light of on-going performance.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Simon Spencer-Rouen - email@example.com
Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly!
(For further assurance, please check my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; search for "Simon Spencer-Rouen")