The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of complex end-to-end, full life-cycle client projects (project value £10k-£1m) from inception and requirements definition through to delivery all-rounders with experience of managing many different types of projects and love the satisfaction of delivering a project successfully, to an extremely high standard.
What does the role involve?
● Managing the internal team across all departments and other partners/3rd party agency
● Leading production calls and having production status meetings with client
● Proven 'traditional' PM skills including writing/updating timing plans, budgets, SoWs/delivery plans, booking and managing resources and managing a project team
● Take ownership of projects across your account/s and see them through until completion
● Working closely with Project Management from sister agencies when working as a team.
● Great finance skills, you know what things cost, and you stay on top of budgets throughout all your projects. Highlighting potential overruns before they occur. Escalating and resolving financial issues as they happen.
● Proven track record of managing client expectations and comms
● Confident managing a variety of work including print/CGI/retouching/digital/social media
● Experience of running fast/large/high-volume accounts in busy agencies, enjoy the dynamics of agency processes, the work pace and challenges this brings
● Delivering projects across multiple platforms and demonstrating Integrated Project delivery experience across multiple channels.
● Mentoring the more junior members of the team.
● Supporting and contributing to the ongoing developments of the delivery team processes and practices.
● Used to working on fast paced projects with multiple deliveries
● Proven ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and to have an objective focused and positive approach, and be comfortable working independently, be self-motivated and self-driven
● Understanding of video production for small to medium-sized shoots, including: pre/production/post is a bonus (but this is not essential)
What are we looking for?
● Strong leadership skills - motivating both client services and internal project teams to inspire the best creative and ways of working
● A self starter, who enjoys a challenge, is flexible to work in a reactive way and to adapt to ever-changing challenges.
● Positive, with a 'can-do' attitude and enjoys being busy
● Organised with good attention to detail
● Good with finances and figures ('head for numbers')
● Can demonstrate the ability to prioritise work and handle a lot of moving parts
● Enjoy managing resources and output across multiple departments
● Good at managing people and understand how to get the best out of a team
● Be able to navigate complexities of team members: knowing when to be strict and when to be flexible
● Exhibit strong conflict resolution skills moderating difficult discussions and resolving situations in a manner favourable to both client and internal teams
Other agency & finance responsibilities:
● Ensure all documentation is per agency standards, all documentation is detailed and correct, and that the relevant templates/formats are being used
● Proactively ensure all work is paid for - and that client requests are costed and approved before work is booked for production
● Ensure that internal cost approval processes are followed across all your projects
● Ensure that agency resources are used efficiently (i.e. your booked resources)
● Ensure all work is signed off at the right stages, by the right people (both internal sign-off, and client approvals)
Contact: Giorgia Uccheddu