Senior Product Strategist - Digital Product
This is a great role in a growing independent digital product and service agency where you'll get to shape the digital future of some amazing clients.
We're looking for a product strategist to join the team. You'll get to define the direction for new digital products and services for their clients, as well as working on the ongoing strategic direction of others.
About the company
Our client is an ambitious independent digital agency of 85 and growing - with offices in both Bristol and London.
At the moment they have a hybrid model of work which is set to continue - combining remote working with being onsite as needed. This role can be affiliated with either their Bristol or London offices (although you will need to be able to travel between offices regularly)
About the role
Using research and insight you'll be setting the product/service vision, defining the roadmap and highlighting any client organisational change, as well as working with the wider team to strategically oversee development.
Whilst the role will sit in the strategy team, collaboration is key to this role and you'll be working closely with other strategists, data/digital analysts, technical architects, developers, account delivery teams as well as with multiple client stakeholders.
They would be looking for you to support across their full breadth of clients - however 50% of your time will be dedicated to working on their largest client The Royal Navy, on one of their flagship digital products.
They would also be looking to you to help grow their reputation as an agency by regularly contributing to their thought leadership programme. As such you'll have an opinion on all things digital and be comfortable sharing these across high profile platforms.
* Lead their product discovery process - drawing on, and providing direction to, the collective resources (research, data, engineering etc) across the agency to define product visions, strategy and roadmaps
* Create programmes of insight to enable the constant iteration of products
* Undertake or commission primary research as needed
* Support and upskill clients to work in more product centric ways
* Consider 'new' ways to approach consistent strategic challenges, developing models/frameworks for use across the team and implementing new strategic tools
* Provide strategic direction in new business pitches
* Contribute to the firm's thought leadership
* Mentor more junior members of the strategy team
We recruit from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, but there is a number of skills we are looking for in order to find the new perfect colleague:
* You'll have experience of producing effective digital product strategies that deliver commercial results
* Have a track record of simplifying complex customer experiences and journeys
* Be able to clearly translate product strategies in ways that resonate with senior stakeholders
* Be someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and excels in fast-paced and changeable environments.
* Be a digital enthusiast with a proactive desire to keep well versed on new digital trends and technologies and how to best implement them to get results
* Always have an opinion (but are able to express it ever-so-charmingly!), with excellent verbal and written communication - able to construct your views and opinions into a compelling argument
* Have exceptional senior client handling skills - you're believable and authoritative
* They are a growing strategically led digital agency of 85 - with offices in both Bristol and London. They offer their staff some great benefits and if you come and join them you'll enjoy:
* Working in a collaborative, honest environment where everyone is encouraged to have a voice no matter what their position
* 20 days holiday - plus they shut down for roughly 2 weeks over Christmas
* A dedicated training budget - they are keen to see you progress as quickly as possible. If you have the passion and drive to success, they'll support you.
* A contributory pension
* Salary of £65,000- £70,000pa
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, then please get in contact with me on 020 7845 7725 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.
Contact: Jasmine Bindley