Major Players are looking for a Freelance Senior Marketing Manager for a small technology company.
The main focus of the role is to manage the marketing and communication for the UK launch of the companies first mobile application. Initial duration: April - November. This position will have the opportunity to extend further for the right candidate.
Reporting directly into the COO, we are looking for a strategic and creative thinker, with proven experience of working on diverse and wide-ranging communication strategies including all forms of media and media channels.
About the Company
They aim to accelerate the energy transition by helping consumers and fleets switch from combustion to electric vehicles. It is a joint venture bringing together a decade of Intellectual Property, a leading team and proven technology development through its founders.
The mobile application tracks your driving habits in real time, using your phone's GPS. It analyses your driving behaviour and style to visualise the real cost and environmental benefits of switching to an electric vehicle (EV). The app highlights how often you would need to charge your electric vehicle and the location of charge points along your routes. The National Rollout aims to deliver a nationwide rollout of the service to help drivers understand their options for switching to an EV and to generate insights on the UK's driving habits.
* Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategy, plan and approach for the launch of the mobile application
* Coordinate stakeholder planning and activation across private / public sector sponsors to produce a combined marketing approach for national launch to UK consumer market
* Activation of role to include, but not limited to:
* Plan and implement direct marketing approaches including targeting, personalisation of messages and metrics/KPIs
* Develop digital marketing strategy with other key stakeholders
* Set clear strategy targets, timelines and ensure the launch delivers to stakeholder expectations through periodic KPI management
* Manage the marketing and communications budget and ensure programme milestones related to this are achieved on time and within budget
* Act as the point of contact for stakeholder marketing and communications teams
* Planning and delivering promotional and advertising campaigns, designed for the various customer segments
* Coordination of a design agency to put together creatives
* Creating and implementing an evolving social media strategy across primary channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc); paid/programmatic display, account-based marketing, data/google analytics and reporting
* Maintaining and updating the website, news articles, e-newsletters etc.
* Ensuring corporate brand identity guidelines are established and adhered to for all visual assets
* Identify partner PR agency to support media outreach/engagement to support marketing awareness campaign and harmonize messaging across all stakeholder groups
* Degree qualified, preferably in marketing, media, communications or with a marketing and communication background either industry or agency side (working with corporate clients/government agencies) with other relevant qualification or experience
* Strong management and leadership skills, preferably with some related project and stakeholder management experience
* Experience of working with UK government/ UK funding bodies preferred
* Experience of mobile app launches preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to interpret and disseminate information quickly
* Excellent time keeping and self-management
* Experience of representing an organisation at external events
Contact: Karina Warburton