Contact: Christina.Krajewski Krajewski
Senior Full Stack Developer
Location: Southwark, London
Major Partners are excited to be working with the digital content experts Mediablaze. Mediablaze are a digital marketing agency who utilise data to identify scalable growth opportunities throughout the path to purchase, creating connected customer experiences that help brands grow using three core service pillars: Content Marketing, Platform Design & Build and Performance marketing.
We have joined the team in a period of growth to help bolster the team's client services, commercial and technical capabilities and a key hire within this strategy will be a Senior Full Stack Developer with experience in PHP (Laravel) and JS (React & Angular ideally) to join the dedicated digital team. We're looking for someone with an inquisitive mindset for how things are put together and enthusiasm for your craft.
* Working alongside our existing Senior Front End Developer, Senior Full Stack Developer and Junior Front End Developer, you will be responsible for delivering, maintaining and extending upon large-scale, high-quality development projects that provide a meaningful digital experience aimed towards real business results for our clients.
* Take ownership of development for our core digital projects from initial conception and architecture, through to the delivery of documented, performant and bug-free code.
* Write concise, well organised and (where possible) reusable code; being considerate to other developers collaborating with you or picking up and extending upon your work in the delivery of new features.
* Optimise your creations for maximum performance and scalability to meet the high quality of digital experience expected by our clients whilst catering for high volumes of traffic.
* Play an active role in shaping our development processes, tools, techniques and frameworks we adopt and immerse ourselves within.
* You'll be responsible for time estimates for the work you deliver, the deadlines those create and support your colleagues to see all sprints and projects delivered on time and on budget.
* Keep abreast of the latest tools, technologies, and processes for continuous integration and automation tools, highlighting options that will deliver efficiencies in our development workflow.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience building complex and custom PHP web applications in a professional Midweight or Senior Developer role
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working with the Laravel PHP framework
* Expert working knowledge of PHP v5 & v7 and OO PHP development
* Expert working knowledge of SQL and experience of architecting databases for performant querying of large, relational datasets
* Expert knowledge of pre-processed CSS platforms (e.g. Sass) and able to write scalable and modular CSS/Sass using the BEM syntax
* In-depth knowledge of progressive enhancement, accessibility standards, and usability.
* Strong experience handling third party APIs of varying quality and languages
* Strong experience of adhering to your teams agreed continuous integration/version control principles (Git/BitBucket/Pipelines)
* Experience of working with Front End Developers to devise APIs that underpin the end user experience (defined by user stories and/or UI designs) using the most efficient and performant series of calls and queries (and vice-versa undertaking the Back End role)
* Experience of writing recipes for efficient and stable deployment processes
* Experience of working with an AWS infrastructure including Load Balancers, EC2, S3, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, auto-scaling rules, etc (we are supported by a third party team of AWS Qualified Engineers)
* Experience of handling queues or jobs and processes triggered by crons that will run in the background to synchronise data into and out of our environment
* Healthy appreciation for the value of documenting your code inline and preparing more formal documentation for other developers (e.g. using Swagger to document your APIs)
If your experience matches the above and you're ready to take on your next challenge within a dynamic and forward thinking agency please get in touch!