Major Players are working with a world-leading design studio focused on creating innovative visitor experiences on behalf of some of the biggest and best-known galleries, museums and commercial destinations. They are currently looking for a Senior Design Manager with experience working across graphic design, wayfinding design and the built environment to join their growing interdisciplinary studio.
This award-winning design practice specialises in wayfinding, sign and graphic design. Their portfolio showcases projects which blend strategic thinking with creative experience for a host of international clients including major galleries, museums and other institutions.
* Managing graphic design and infographic design for brand, print and wayfinding projects
* Participating in and contribute to brainstorming/design sprints, and conducting any relevant research for projects to add insight and value
* Managing the delivery of design concepts through to final design with the support from the project lead, including developing presentations for both internal and external meetings and presentations
* Managing any procurement, liaising with contractors, and ensuring all work produced is of the highest quality whilst providing value for money
* Working collaboratively with the 3D designers to ensure work is fully co-ordinated
* Maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of projects, with consideration for the end user and how they ultimately engage with the studio's creative output
* Working on multiple projects simultaneously and delivering work according to an agreed timescale
* Maintaining all records and files relating to project design work
* Assisting in the development of more junior members of the team
Our client is looking for a strategic thinker, someone who is passionate about design, the creative process and design thinking, and who is capable of applying insights to all design disciplines and assisting the team in the creation of branding, wayfinding and environmental projects. Being able to work with direction from the design leads within the studio is a pre-requisite, as is having strong communication skills and the confidence to both present ideas and get involved in all stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
* Design obsessive, with experience working across graphic design, wayfinding design and the built environment
* Able to effectively present ideas
* Excellent typographic skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* High level of interpersonal communication skills
* Time management and the ability to meet tight deadlines
* Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
* In depth knowledge of DDA guidelines and best practise principles
* Excellent computer knowledge, minimum Adobe Creative Suite
This is a great opportunity to join one of Britain's leading designers specialising in branding of the built environment. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience please get in touch.
Contact: Stephen Brown