W Communications are a global, multi-award-winning, independently owned PR agency that is recognised as one of the UKs fastest growing creative companies. We have offices in London, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Amsterdam, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and New York. Our Consumer Division are experts in developing audience insights, strategies, content and game-changing campaigns to win the battle for eyeballs and stop thumbs on smartphones. We deliver headlines, social shares, sales and long-term business growth for blue-chips, household brand names and ambitious, disruptive start-ups.
Contact: Tayla Wagenhauser
Our talented and collaborative Culture Team, who work with destination, music, live events, travel, hospitality, alcohol and fashion clients to name a few, are now looking to hire a brilliant Senior Account Executive. Working to support the Senior Account Manager, the role initially will focus on 2 UK, luxury hotel accounts but will also see you working on a large international travel and hotel retainer account when needed. Your experience working on recognised luxury, lifestyle, hospitality or ideally hotel accounts previously will be key to your success in the role. Global experience or exposure to different cultures would be a bonus too.
Roles and responsibilities.
- Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas to journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering their clients' stories
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients' spokespeople - in person or over the phone - and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Handle clients' social media accounts such as their Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn page
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures
- Contribute ideas for PR campaigns
- Have demonstrable global or luxury brand experience ideally covering travel, hotel and hospitality.
- Demonstrate your ability to understand and interpret client and team briefs by asking constructive, intelligent questions.
- Demonstrate excellent written proficiency in the production of simple documents for clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to write different styles of copy.
- Have a good understanding of the daily news agenda, pro-actively spotting news stories relevant to clients and write these up to share with clients.
- Be flexible in your approach when selling in, being able to adapt tactics where needed to meet KPI's set-out for each campaign.
- Full and complete understanding of how to use digital platforms / services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how tactics fit into an overall strategy / direction.
- Demonstrate flexibility to tweak/ correct/ replace ideas and tactics to deliver the best results.
- Understand the difference between fees and expenses; understand what handling costs are.
If you meet the criteria, have the relevant experience and are interest in this fantastic position please apply with your CV.