Product Manager - SaaS
Our client supercharges some of the world's biggest and brightest brands and their agency teams, democratising data to accelerate digital transformation, compress time to act and fuel results.
They help these teams make better marketing decisions leading to improved commercial results.
They have a tremendous opportunity to build on the massive shift to digital Covid-19 has accelerated and help the biggest (and often slowest) companies in the world to catch up their digital transformation and democratisation of data across their organisations, teams and agencies.
To do so, they need to punch above their weight, delivering high impact, high value experiences, and outmanoeuvre monolithic competitors such as Salesforce Datorama.
They're a highly capable, fast-growing team with diverse backgrounds gained at leading organisations in the advertising, media and technology sectors. Their diversity provides for fresh thinking, new approaches and real energy to drive change and improve experiences.
Background to the role
Having recently secured Series A growth funding, they're building a strong team to win new clients and expand those they work with already. In addition, they are refining and optimising their solution to meet this demand and ready it for the aggressive expansion plans they have in 2023.
The Product manager role is part of this, sitting alongside the Head of engineering, and leads for Client success, Marketing and Sales.
The role's intent is to create and deliver an in-demand product vision, being responsible for managing the creation and implementation of detailed plans to deliver the product vision, including feature definition, data quality, user experience and system performance.
The Product manager reports to the CEO - A team comprising a Product analyst, Data analyst and Project manager report to the Product manager.
The company's objectives
For calendar year 2022, the company has five priorities:
* Win global brands as clients and create a predictable marketing and sales motion.
* Renew their development customer's agreement and monetise their EMEA, LATAM and APAC regions.
* Strengthen and extend their differentiation with their brand and product proposition.
* Obsess about cost optimisation across their infrastructure and platform.
* Land a culture of learning and development to fuel and further their curiosity and ability to innovate, differentiate and grow.
The Product manager will need to deliver across these priorities, manifesting this as follows:
* Deliver a seamless, precise user experience to support successful pilots with new prospects and to delight existing client teams. This is grounded in on-going reliable software, and the corresponding data availability and data accuracy this enables.
* Engage and support the global teams of their development customer, VMLY&R, by actively and regularly engaging their specialist teams in the product development process and fulfilling on their promised features, capabilities and data quality prowess.
* Obsess about cost optimisation across their infrastructure and platform through smart, considered and rigorous design of data and system architecture and how this is landed.
Success in the role will require a pragmatic, tenacious and hands-on modus operandi, working closely with the role's own team and the technical team to deliver the experiences and outcomes they want to provide their clients and prospects with.
An eye should be kept to the longer-term opportunities of course.
* Defining and owning the product vision and in the context of thorough market analysis, incorporating future trends, client insights and the competitive landscape.
* Development and implementation of the product roadmap to deliver on the vision.
* Delivering exceptional data quality (accuracy and availability) and extracting maximum value and impact from it by leveraging the latest technology to do so.
* Pushing the boundaries for intuitive, imaginative and exceptional user experiences (UX and UI). * Maximising the opportunities presented with their development customer - a global ad agency headquartered in the US.
* Recruiting and retaining a highly capable, leading-edge team to deliver on the opportunity they're pursuing.
* Ensuring the client success team are informed and empowered to maximise their solution's breadth and depth of usage and consumption.
* Collaborating with the marketing and sales teams to align promotional opportunities with product development ones.
* Provide detailed, quantified performance updates weekly, with more in-depth monthly Board reports.
What they are looking for in you
An entrepreneurial style, digital media know-how, technically curious mind, confident demeanour, happy to get your hands dirty modus operandi, and a great sense of humour are essential to success in this role! And they'd like you to display lots of the following traits too:
* Self-accountable - they need a reliable pair of hands to take the ownership and responsibility necessary to deliver what's needed when it's needed. And be open and communicative about progress - and its inhibitors.
* Confident communicator - to be understood and articulate your vision to bring others along with you.
* Self-starting - they're small and very capable. You'll need to be too, making success happen by problem solving and being creative.
* Humble - enough at least to ask for help when needed. They're not into suffering in silence.
* Forward-looking - you'll need to keep company one step ahead of their clients and their competitors. This means identifying early trends to embrace and act on.
* Curious - they support a lot of businesses across any number of sectors in countries around the world. You'll need to be hungry to understand them and their software's role in how they supercharge these teams.
* Experienced - they're a small, growing team so they'll need you to arrive ready and raring to make an impact. You'll need to have a demonstrable track record of results too.
Beyond that, they're looking for:
* Degree educated and if you have any post-graduate qualifications, then that's even better.
* 5+ years' experience in a digital media and marketing role, ideally within a CPG company.
* Ability to multi-task and to progress and land creative ideas.
* Data-led in your decision-making and your progress reporting.
* Strong written, verbal and organisational skills and a very keen eye for detail.
* Excellent all-round knowledge of the marketing mix (on and offline/social media).
* Thrive in an environment of relaxed intensity, with a collegiate attitude and positive outlook.
* Hybrid working (2-3 days a week from their London office)
* £70,000-£80,000pa depending on experience
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, then please get in contact with me on 020 7845 7725 or connect via LinkedIn: Maia Visnikar at Major Players.
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.
Contact: Maia Visnikar