Product Manager - Payments
Exciting job opportunity with our client who is on a mission to transform the art world.
As the leading art platform, they empower thousands of galleries, artists and collectors to run and grow their businesses with a suite of inventory, marketing, CRM and website tools. As a mission-driven company, they know it takes a great team to build the future, and they are committed to providing the best structure, resources and quick thinking to help achieve their collective goal. Exciting times lie ahead as they expand into new regions, build new products and create the next generation of tools to help the art world move online-amazing time to join them, so let us hear from you!
About the role
Their ambition is to transform art world payments, helping galleries make more sales and grow their clients' business by creating a streamlined, automated and reliable way to pay for art, and giving their customers a trusted best-in-class buying experience. As Product Manager you will be responsible for leading the product lifecycle of their hugely ambitious Payments product, helping build, shape and promote their vision to create and execute a best in class product to the highest standards.
You will develop a deep understanding of the market, strategic potential and client needs in order to set yourselves up for success. You will work closely with the Engineering and Design teams to build product requirements and execute their plans.
* Build, shape and promote a vision for the product
* Oversight and responsibility over product lifecycle - from strategy/roadmap, design/development and release/optimization
* Maintain a view of their competitiveness and how their product range sits in the marketplace in terms of features, price points and presentation
* Create and manage the product roadmap - setting development goals and milestones
* Work across operations and business departments to facilitate the roll out of product releases and beta programs
* Ability to assess product revenue opportunities to inform the roadmap
* Oversee engineering execution of the product and delivery of technical projects
* Ensuring high quality design, UI and UX from start to finish and forms the core of the process
* Identify, track and optimise key metrics that measure success of product features
* Gathering customer feedback to inform the continuous improvement of the product
Ideal candidate and skills
You will be a highly competent product manager with proven experience in SaaS products, with the ability to work closely with engineering and design teams and stakeholders to bring their vision to market.
* Experience in a software/tech business, preferably in B2B SaaS
* Experience executing customer-facing product features
* Understanding of software engineering concepts and the ability to participate in discussion with developers
* Understanding of UI/UX design concepts and principles
* Experience using data to drive decision making
* Experience crafting product requirements and specifications
* Self-direction, drive and leadership
Salary and benefits
* 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) plus long service entitlement.
* Flexible working
* Company pension scheme
* Annual Christmas bonus
* A focus on continued professional development including access to courses and training programmes
* Cycle to Work scheme & season ticket loans
* Beautiful London offices in a warehouse conversion with showers and secure bike storage
* Regular team and whole company social events London Office Space The role is based out of their London office. Their office is in a converted warehouse complex shared with a handful of other friendly creative organisations and a top-notch canteen. The beautiful courtyard area is perfect for post-work socialising and the odd bit of al-fresco working - weather permitting! They are a collaborative and relaxed bunch who enjoy each other's company both at work and in the pub.
* Annual salary £70,000- £75,000 pa depending on experience.
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move then please get in touch with Maia on 020 7845 7725 or Maia.email@example.com
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.
Contact: Jasmine Bindley