Product Manager - Finance Systems
As Product Manager for a new Finance Systems team, you will be central to building and growing your product area and outcomes by leading a team through discovery – establishing what the right thing to build is – to implementation and beyond.
The new Finance Systems product team will need to work closely with key stakeholders to quickly understand key opportunities and build a strategy and roadmap for this area, before rapidly executing discovery, turning this into reality and delivering systems that drive results.
Working closely with Tech, you are ultimately responsible for making sure they build the right things for customers.
Finding and managing opportunities
- Work with your customers, team and stakeholders to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- Rapidly build knowledge of your domain and assess opportunities
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to define the strategy and direction for your Products.
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Define KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- Lead product discovery, collaborating with Engineering, key business SMEs and 3rd parties…
- ....utilising rapid iteration, prototyping and testing technique to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Work with the business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers
- Champion solutions that work for our customers and our business
- Define use cases and user journey.
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Technical lead
- Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early and often
- Work closely with Tech lead and team to plan sprints, releases and coordinate across dependent products
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally)
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Lead decision on persist, iterate, or drop
Product Management Practice
- Provide leadership to continuously improve product management practice
- Proactively keep up to date with latest developments in product management thinking, process and techniques
- Champion Build Measure Learn, creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management discipline, especially in discovery and delivery methodologies
- Contribute towards hiring first rate product managers
- Set the example of what great product management looks like.
Looking for a Product Manager...
- with proven experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- with experience integrating finance systems such as Netsuite with digital transactional systems like ecommerce and order management; you understand what should be in accounting systems and what shouldn’t.
- products through full life cycle
- who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- with excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- with the ability to compromise in the right way
- with a passion for product design and the experience to back up their views
- with demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions
For more information on this opportunity, please get in touch with Jasmine Bindley
Contact: Jasmine Bindley