Using pretty cool technology, this client is making insurance way more fit for the 21st century, building products that actually solve problems.
They have sold over 2 million policies and supported over 300,000 customers.
A strong, talented team of 80+ and growing.
About the role
The person with the role of Product Director will report directly to their CEO and work with him to develop and execute the product strategy.
This will be done via the management of five cross functional product squads. You will be leading their world class team of product managers across products that include: apps on Android and iOS, internal ops platform, web products, Insurance squad, platform and infrastructure team. Experience of building and scaling financial digital products for B2C consumers will be a huge benefit for the role.
You will be instrumental in helping the senior team set our quarterly OKR's to align with the annual company goals, mission and vision.
* Be a huge part of setting the quarterly OKR's
* Work with the CEO to build a clear actionable product strategy with deliverable milestones and measurable impact.
* Own the strategy for the unique and innovative generation of product features, communicating the strategy to employees, executives, board, and other key stakeholders on an on-going basis.
* Operate as a senior leader within the business, helping to ensure values are evident in everything you create, and strengthening the product team to do the best work of their careers.
* Manage a team of 5 and continue to build resource across Product, UX and Analytics
* Partner with the CTO to build great products by ensuring the customer is at the heart of everything.
* Work with the Founder and CEO to re-align the organisation from a start-up structure to the implementation of best practice approaches and operational thinking to support scale
* Extensive experience as a product leader/manager within a growth early stage business that successfully scaled, e.g. from Series A to Series C and beyond.
* 8+ years of progressively increasing product leadership experience (ideally with some mix of App, startup, Insure/Fintech and B2C experience)
* Excellent communicator, low ego, capable of motivating and energising the broader team and peers, with a proven ability to create a highly collaborative working environment.
* Deep analytical skills and demonstrable track record of a data-driven approach to product management.
* Technically literate and able to engage and collaborate closely with engineering counterparts. Ideally you have a technical degree (Computer Science or similar) or experience as a software engineer within a world-leading technology organisation.
* Ideally, you have experience managing, recruiting, coaching and developing highly skilled talent in product management, design and user experience at all levels of an organisation.
* Demonstrable success in interpreting technology and market trends, converting these into winning product strategies, and successfully executing on these strategies and have them drive commercial success.
* Positive outlook, a hands-on approach and a naturally high work ethic focused on swift execution will be essential for this role as the company scales
As well as a competitive salary (circa £90-120k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration + benefits.
For more information on this role please contact :
Contact: Jasmine Bindley