£35 - £40K
Major Players are working with an amazing video production company specialising in social content, TV commercials and animation! They are looking for a Producer with solid video, film and animation experience. This is a role where you can really get stuck into great projects!
The Role / Company
Once assigned a project by the Head of Production, you'll be responsible for the planning and execution of multiple video, film and animation projects from the pitching stage all the way through to delivery.
After working with the client service and creative teams to prepare and sign off a project budget, timeline and accurate scope of work, you'll lead pre-production with the assistance of a production coordinator. You'll ensure that all the elements of a project come together whilst coordinating the status of all your current projects on our project management platform and keeping everything accurate and up to date. You'll maintain the quality and peer review of all documentation and deliverables within the project.
You'll hand-pick key members of the creative team and you'll handle the casting process. You'll approve locations and negotiate fees, hire studios, lock shooting scripts, prepare production schedules and ensure the necessary health and safety and insurance paperwork is handled after identifying and managing risks. When required, you'll use your knowledge of Clearcast/BBFC/CAA guidelines to get swift script clearance for broadcast/cinema.
As the restless guardian of a project's budget, you'll track and highlight potential overruns before they occur and be expected to manage any scope creep whilst maintaining the client relationship, making sure client value for money is balanced with our need to make a profit.
During production, you'll attend shoots (sometimes jumping into a 1st AD role when required) to keep everything running smoothly and fire-fight any unforeseen issues. You'll manage and schedule post-production, working with our in-house team to pull together the edit, grade, graphics and sound whilst overseeing all aspects of workflow to smash those tight delivery deadlines.
This role is based in Cardiff; and your presence will be required in the studio 2 times a week just to put your head together with the team and get creating amazing videos!
* Prepare and sign off a project budget, timeline and accurate scope of work.
* Lead pre-production with the assistance of a production coordinator and ensure that all the elements of a project come together.
* Maintain the quality and peer review of all documentation and deliverables within the project.
* Knowledge of Clearcast/BBFC/CAA guidelines to get swift script clearance for broadcast/cinema.
* Attend shoots and manage and schedule post-production.
Skills & Experience
* You understand the creative process and have 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
* Creative agency background.
* You are consistently dedicated and instinctively supportive.
* You're updated on industry guidelines such as Clearcast, CAP, ASA, APA, child licensing.
Salary & Perks
Competitive salary based on experience (£35-£40K)
Remote / Flexible working policy (in the studio twice a week)
Great working environment
Contact: Clare Murphy