Major Players are looking for an IT Infrastructure Project Manager for a 6 month contract at a Global Media Brand based in Central London.
PURPOSE/OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Project Manager acts as the single point of contact for Support and Technology Systems projects. The projects vary in size and complexity and typically have a global footprint. The Infrastructure Project Manager is expected to have a good understanding of Project Management concepts and can apply methodologies (preferably PRINCE2) to a project of a technical nature to successfully manage projects to time, budget and quality specified. The Project Manager manages all interactions on the project from the end users through to implementation and closure to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The candidate must have a proactive approach where relationships and navigating the organisation to achieve results are critical for success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
* Hold internal kick-off meeting to review solution, all dependencies, actions and timelines
* Act as central point of contact for all internal stakeholders
* Produce project plan, identify and manage dependencies and critical milestones
* Produce PID and communications plan, gain internal and external stakeholder acceptance sign off
* Work with the transition manager to deliver the necessary requirements to transition into live service and support.
* Manage project budget
* Manage all risks and issues during the project and mitigate risk accordingly
* Hold minimum weekly update call/meeting with stakeholders and sponsor
* Update and issue weekly project plan to customer and update WIP reports to track progress
* Hold weekly update call and meetings with all internal stakeholders - Infrastructure Team and third parties for equipment procurement and pre-stage builds
* Manage internal fibre team and coordinate all activities for on net builds build out to customer premises
* Agree and raise change controls with the customer when scope deviates
* Engage CTOs in our markets to align scope, resource requirements and in market initiatives that may impact your delivery.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
* Strong and demonstrable project initiation experience
* PRINCE2 certification preferred
* Good understanding of technology harmonisation, technology standardisation, strong workshop facilitation skills and an ability work in a changing and dynamic environment
* Experience in delivering projects in at least one of the following areas:
* Infrastructure / technology harmonisation
* End User Computing refresh
* Global Print Management
Contact: Karina Warburton
Please get in touch if this is aligned with your skillset!