Press Officer- Fun E-commerce retailer - Soho
Press officer - The Company My client is a retailer with with 'mad ideas'! They are a very creative brand that sell unusual gifts that vary from Accessories; Food & Drink; Alcohol; Homeware, Technology & Games.
Press officer - The Role My client is looking for an incredible Press Officer to join their small in-house team, with the primary responsibility of ensuring stellar coverage for the Christmas period! This is an exciting in-house opportunity for someone looking to further their career within the consumer PR industry.
Moreover, They want someone who can think outside the box and bring in fresh ideas that support our customer acquisition strategies and campaigns.
* Assist with planning and facilitating PR strategy
* Liaise with media on product placement
* Manage the product loan system and maintain media lists
* Network and build positive working relationships with the media
* Ensure all publicity is made available to and directed toward the appropriate media
* Collate figures and write reports for the Head of PR
* Research and write press releases and features
* Assist with organising events and promotions
* Analyse media coverage for reports
* Prepare press packs
* Carry out follow-up work as required by media contacts, the Press Officer, or the Head of PR
* Assist with organising press launches
* Assist with managing the PR aspect of a possible crisis situation
Press officer - Required skills/interests
* Ideally 1-2 year's experience gained either in an agency role or an in-house press office, with a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or other relevant subject
* Experience of news-worthy, consumer driven communications and evidence of strong media contacts
* Experience working with a variety of media, including the national, local and trade media across press, broadcast and digital
* Experience working on influencer campaigns
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A solid understanding of social media
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines where required
* Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Be enthusiastic, motivated, committed and fun!
If this is the Press Officer role for you then do not hesitate and apply now !
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
Contact: Carla De Sa