Press & Social Media Officer - Insurance - London with 1 day pw in Milton Keynes
Contact: Richa Arora
£45000-50000 - Fixed Term (6-9 months) with the potential to go perm - Full-time
Press & Social Media Officer - The Company
My client is the leader in providing high quality service to the victims of negligent uninsured driving and untraced motorists. A lot of their work is around addressing fraud and also analysing the impact of fraud on policy premiums. Having been around for nearly 75 years, the company boasts of an amazing work culture driven by collaboration and dedication. The company works closely with insurers, solicitors, government bodies and claimants.
Press & Social Media Officer - The Role
The role has come about as result of a new project roll-out that's underway. You will be required to work on working with internal and external stakeholders and be the driving force behind setting up the press office for the company. You will hold the responsibility to establish key press and social media contacts and also be a great storyteller. The work will be across integrated communications channels for external audience (partner, trade and B2B) therefore adapatability in the role is key.
Press & Social Media Officer - Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Project and Communications on the press strategy and storytelling
- Create and lead all media (and social media) relations initiatives relating to campaigns and promotional activities and ensure alignment with the company's strategic objectives
- Create and lead all media (and social media) activity bringing together the company's strategic objectives using position statements, campaign messages and brand perception programme to proactively engage stakeholders, consumers - selecting the right channel and content.
- Source, write and secure approval for campaign related statements, press releases and rebuttals etc.
- Maintain a forecast grid/schedule of all content relating to campaigns and promotional activities and ensure this is reported to Corporate Press. To ensure alignment to the purpose and strategic objectives
- Respond effectively and efficiently to media enquiries relating to campaigns and promotional activities and direct messages using subject experts and suitable spokespeople
- Prepare spokespeople with pre-interview briefings and if required, ensure media training is provided
- Arrange press briefings, launch events, photocalls - and ensure all content is deployed across relevant channels
- Maintain schedule of contacts and adhere to GDPR
- Prepare and manage a rotation to ensure effective out of hours on-call service
- Travel between London & Milton Keynes
Press and Social Media Officer - Key Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Previous Integrated PR/Media relations delivery experience essential.
- Working in a matrix organisation is key
- YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.
If this is the Press and Social Media Officer role for you then do not hesitate and apply now!
We have a variety of marketing/Brand/Communications roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Richa Arora" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Richa Arora| DD: + 44| 207 845 7223 - firstname.lastname@example.org, Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.