Senior Account Executive - PR agency - North London
Contact: Ryan Farrell
Up to £30k
Senior Account Executive - The Company
My client is looking for a passionate, creative and forward-thinking Senior Account Executive to
deliver day-to-day and high level account execution of their clients. The agency's clients range across
the entire lifestyle and entertainment sector, including food, drink, venues and events.
The agency is seeking a Senior Account Executive with a minimum of 1.5/2 years experience within
the PR industry, they must have a well established black book of journalists they can call on and
have previously worked within the Entertainment, Lifestyle and Music sector. They must have
managed clients previously, a minimum of one campaign end to end and have a good
understanding of client relations. They must also have a very good understanding of the
changing media landscape and a good knowledge of opportunities available to their client roster.
Senior Account Executive - The Role
This role will see you deliver on multiple accounts at any one time. You will be building
relationships with journalists and placing coverage for their clients. You will have a medium
amount of client contact regarding logistics and in some cases you would be trained on having
your own clients. You will be providing support across event clients via accreditation, creative
ideas, providing media lists, writing press materials, sourcing and engaging with influencers and
more. You will be involved in on site events, so a number of weekends and evenings will be
required for this role.
Senior Account Executive - Requirements
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that require minimal amends from seniors
- Writing coherent advertorial and competition copy that require minimal amends from seniors and
- Identifying publicity opportunities as directed
- Producing internal copy for newsletters, internal briefings and notice boards
- Competent in all written communications such as e-mails, letters, briefings, agenda etc. both
internally and externally to colleagues, clients and journalists with good spelling, punctuation and
An understanding of how the media works in the areas in which the agency operates - the opportunities and 'slots' available, building relationships with journalists and their "little black book", knowledge of the media landscape across print to broadcast to digital.
- A desire to develop and discover new media opportunities.
- Fully managing the process of press release distribution including creating sell in sheets.
- Helping to sell items in to media as directed.
- Understanding and running programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions,
sampling offers, free for every reader offers etc.
- Proactively looking for press opportunities, working alongside managers.
- Confident in making verbal approaches to all journalists - consumer, business-to- business and
trade - to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities whether face to face or over the phone.
- Assist in the organisation of events ranging from press accreditation, on site interviews, photo
calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- Writing weekly updates to clients
- Having weekly calls with clients
- Liaising with Head of Operations regarding campaign delivery
- Writing activity schedules
- To actively participate in meetings. Helping in the preparing for the meeting and in presenting
elements as directed.
- Planning for meetings and setting agenda's
- Leading meetings where appropriate
- Participating in client kick off meetings where appropriate.
- Participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches.
- Play a part in new business and client brainstorms.
- Liaise with clients at a junior level in a confident manner and build good working relationships
- Undertake media and administration research for new business pitches and current client
programmes as required.
Approach & Aptitude
- Looking for someone that throws everything at it, a hungry, driven
and ambitious addition to their growing team
-Looking for a results driven candidate, someone that loves seeing their work in print, online,
on the radio and on TV
- Organisation and time management must come naturally as the agency collectively works with over
35+ clients at any given time
If this is the Senior Account Executive role for you then do not hesitate and apply now !
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Ryan Farrell" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact Ryan Farrell | DD: + 44| 207 845 7259 - Ryan.Farrell@majorplayers.co.uk, Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.