PR Manager - Leading Government Body - Milton Keynes OR London
PR Manager - The Company My client is the largest global certification company in the UK as it produces technical standards and on a wide range of products and services. My client helps businesses ensure that they are meeting high quality standards and evoking best business practice.
PR Manager - The Role The aim of the press office is to shift the perception of the company and gain positive press coverage in newspapers, magazines, online and trade publications as well as on television and radio.
This role is vital to the press office as you will be required to have a core focus on scoping out and developing news stories which help promote their core UK assurance business and the benefits it brings to organizations, primarily in the trade and online media.
The perfect candidate will be enthusiastic, extremely well organized, with excellent communications, writing and computer skills. You will need to be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and should be flexible.
* You will develop, implement and measure a coherent PR strategy. Targeting both B2C & B2B audiences.
* You will amplify materials produced and coverage achieved across the UK and maximise the exposure of key initiatives via social media and internal channels.
* Research and develop press materials for the UK business and identify news issues in line with the PR strategy
* Strong media sell-in skills - able to brief journalists on information about specific aspects of product and campaigns
* Proactive media relations - leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within trade and industry publications, handling media enquiries, suggest media relations activity and news stories, and developing other B2B/B2C media materials to ensure a proactive approach to media relations within the UK
* Highlight UK activity that can be leveraged with the national media to the Head of Group PR/agency and oversee execution
* Working with the Standards PR Manager, arrange interviews with spokespeople and the media, providing clear briefings and messaging we want communicated, and attending the interview
* Monitor the key trade media, including magazines, journals and blogs for opportunities
* Editing and writing of features, articles, and papers for print and web-based media
* Establish processes to ensure corporate information is regularly updated in corporate materials e.g. key facts & figures. Ensure these changes are clearly communicated to the wider marketing team
* Upload relevant information to the media centre, and intranet on a regular basis
* Together with the Standards PR Manager, collate, analyse and evaluate media coverage
* Support UK Marketing thought leadership initiatives as required
* Milton Keynes based with some UK travel required
PR Manager - Required skills/interests
* Demonstrable experience as PR professional with strong media relations skills
* Proven experience of developing and executing successful PR initiatives
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Social media
* Able to make complex issues easy to understand and interesting
* Ability to establish and maintain networks of contacts both internally and externally
* Strong team skills
* A passionate interest in PR
* Motivated individual - both personally and the ability to motivate others
* Strong organizational skills - able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, and meet deadlines
* Proactive approach to solving problems
* Solutions orientated
* Proactive, can do attitude
If this is the PR Manager role for you then do not hesitate and apply now !
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Carla De Sa" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Carla De Sa | email@example.com, Please note all applications will be made in confidence.
Contact: Carla De Sa