My client is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in almost markets, delivering lots of integrated work.
Contact: Ryan Farrell
In London, they're a team of about a hundred people, working for a great mix of global brands and British giants.
Their mission is that they want to deliver work that's different, better, and more cutting-edge than anyone has seen before.
You will be an account leader who handles a wide range of assignments, projects, clients and staff successfully and with a high degree of independence. You are able to manage a piece of a large account or a few smaller ones, with minimum contribution from your Practice Leader or Associate Director.
You have strong client relationships and are considered a potential company leader. You have high-level account handling knowledge and skills, demonstrate strong project management, budgeting, programming, people management and business development skills and are successful at building business and developing people.
You have the confidence and support of clients and maintain strong relationships with clients and their contacts through internal and external meetings and networking events. You meet performance requirements and growth projections. You act in accordance with company policies and procedures at all times. You are familiar with, and support the achievement of the company's vision and exemplify the company's values.
* Previous experience in tool kitting for consumer brands - essential
* Skills in creating PR and Social assets for toolkits - anything from press releases, to social posts, to briefing designers to create illustrations
* Great writing skills, logical, methodical
* Highest quality control standards
* Organizational skills e.g. may be require to set up a shoot to capture content for toolkits, or commission Pan-Euro research to inform toolkit contents
* Preferably experience on a Pan-Euro accounts
* Self-starter - someone who can work autonomously, and understand how and when to collaborate
* Budgeting experience
* Acting as the primary client contact for the full account and grow and consolidate client
* International campaign and market management - including recent global campaigns
* Content hub development
* Anticipating client needs and problems and developing creative and effective solutions.
* Setting and managing client expectations.
* Developing presentations for clients relative to project management/programme status.
* Providing leadership in growing existing accounts and anticipating and leading the resolution of emerging account problems.
* Developing and implementing solutions when problems arise
* Building and directing campaign-led and thought leadership programmes - with experience of developing integrated plans (influencer, digital, content etc)
* Contributing to forecasting/projections done by more senior managers.
* Following up with clients on collections and other financial and administrative details
* Assisting the Associate Director and Practice Leader in hiring, assessment and career development activities.
* Assisting the Associate Director and Practice Leader in identifying and addressing training, leadership and career development needs and opportunities within the team or practice group and help to ensure that those needs are met.
* Assisting the Associate Director and Practice Leader in ensuring account teams are servicing contracts correctly and that staff are meeting their billability targets.
* Managing staff to maximise productivity and individual, team and financial performance.
* You manage timely performance appraisals for direct reports
* Client Management & Satisfaction: Responsible for the planning, strategic direction and overall running of campaigns across accounts. Has strong client relationships and can delegate work effectively to the wider team to ensure deliverables are met and workflow is effectively managed. Looks at ways to improve processes in line with client needs and proactively looks for new incremental opportunities on the account. Adaptable in working across new campaigns or with new clients with little or no support from senior members of the team. Collaborate across the agency, wider group and with external partners to ensure client work is best practice and to find new ways of exceeding client expectations.
* Effective Management: Leads, motivates and mentors account team, managing the range of PMP activities for AEs and AMs. Actively supports AsD and Practice Lead in all aspects of the recruitment process. Ensures account teams are servicing contracts effectively and meeting billability targets. Manages team to maximize productivity and financial performance.
* New Business Understanding & Capability: Provides strategic support to the Director/Managing Partner ensuring proposals respond to specific client briefs. Actively supports all pitch planning and implementation and identifies ways to grow current client investment. Lead on data/research insight and analysis. Attend pitches as appropriate.
* Commercial Acumen: Responsible for accurate payment, client invoicing and close budget planning and management. Understands resource structures for the team and the commercial impact on the business. Ensures retainer spending is in line with projections and team hours are managed appropriately within fee/SOW for client teams. Has awareness of team P&L and demonstrates an understanding of overall account commercials knowledge (profitability). Maintains effective budget planning and is responsible for close budget management.
* Specialist Expertise: Proactively develops own specialist area and helps others to develop. Shows curiosity about latest industry developments and shares knowledge with own specialist community, across the agency and with clients.