Account Manager - Agency - London
£30,000 - £35,000 + Amazing Benefits
Account Manager - The Company
My client is a leading food and drinks PR agency, who have changed the ways food and drinks are perceived over the last 10 years. They work with some of the biggest brands in the food and drinks world, and pride themselves on being able to dive headlong into an audience's world, and deliver some of the best campaigns in the business.
As an Account Manager your role is to effectively manage your team in the daily running of your client accounts, as well as being involved in the delivery of impactful PR campaigns. You will have support from the Account Directors/Directors with strategic direction as required. The Account Manager is a key member of the team working on and managing a portfolio of clients.
Proficient in PR skills, you will act as a trainer to the Account Executives and also oversee and monitor their workload.
Account Manager - Responsibilities
* In advance of a client meeting you must prepare /oversee all relevant documents (Client updates, agendas etc.) and they ensure are approved by Account Directors and circulated to the client within 24 hours of the meeting
* Prepare/oversee all weekly/monthly coverage reports for sign off by an Account Director
* Identifying potential issues in the making and contacting your client immediately
* Responsible for creating/overseeing weekly action lists for all accounts and ensuring delivery of tasks in a timely manner
* Setting appropriate campaign cost budgets and tightly managing team spending. Keeping a record of all costs in the budget tracker, sending receipts to accounts and getting sign off on costs above £200 by an Account Director
* Ability to forecast accurately and run projects to fee budget
* You can draft research and analysis of a campaign in a concise and accurate manner
* Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
* Work with junior members of the team to coach on pitching style and instill confidence
* Strong black book of contacts across relevant sectors, including editors and producers
* Draft a press release in 2 hours with minimal amends for client approval
* Ability to create content angles that might be relevant for a Blog/opinion/feature opportunity and understanding what content would be required from the client to make the piece work
* You must be following relevant contacts and tweeting, commenting on behalf of Story
* Regular sharing of great content stories/ examples with the team to see what we can learn from these campaigns
* You must have basic understanding of SEO
* Ability to adequately prepare for and run a session, sharing a brief and ideas for inspiration with attendees
* Ability to manage your own and team time, prioritising daily tasks
* Regularly suggesting opportunities for clients to work with influencers or publications
* Ability to initiate discussions with talent manager and negotiate contracts and value for money
* Ability to think about surprise and delight moments for clients
* offer input into the overall culture and working environment
Account Manager - Key Skills
* Good interpersonal skills, presentation skills and confidence
* Flexible attitude with determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope well under pressure
* Ability to work well in a team and alone
* Ability to think strategically and possess good analytical skills
* Business aware and a good knowledge of current affairs
* Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on more than one project at a time
* Creativity energy and imagination
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "ELLIE WOODHAMS" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Elllie Woodhams | DD: + 44| 207 845 7714. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a collaborative and supportive agency, and focus on growing your PR career, as well as working with some absolutely fantastic clients.
Contact: Ryan Farrell