Account Executive - PR agency - North London
Contact: Ryan Farrell
Up to £26k
Account Executive - The Company
My client is looking for a passionate, creative and forward-thinking Account Executive to deliver
the day-to-day account execution of their clients. The agency's clients range across the entire lifestyle
and entertainment sector, including food, drink, venues, music festivals and events.
The agency is seeking an Account Executive with a minimum of one year's experience within the PR
industry, they must have a good knowledge of the media and a growing black book of journalists
that they can call on. Previous work within the entertainment, lifestyle and music sector is
desired but not essential. An understanding of the changing media landscape is essential with a
good knowledge of opportunities available to their client roster.
This role requires the applicant to support on tasks to execute client campaigns, this means
good time management, organisational skills, general knowledge of culture and enthusiasm for
It is essential that the applicant is a strong writer and has a clear understanding and ability in the
drafting of press materials, copy and more.
This agency is all about creating amazing experiences both within the team and for its clients.
Effectively communicating across all our channels is incredibly important and the applicant must
be a good communicator. They also need to be a team player that gets involved in the culture of
the company and is fully transparent. This is an agency that moves fast, does amazing work
and prides itself on having a team full of stars. Their mission is to create good news for amazing
people, phenomenal places and innovative products.
Account Executive - The Role
This role will see you deliver on multiple accounts at any one time. You will be building
relationships with journalists and placing coverage for clients. You will have a small amount
of client contact regarding logistics. You will be providing support across event clients via
accreditation, creative ideas, providing media lists, writing press materials, sourcing and
engaging with influencers and more. You will be involved in on-site events, so a number of
weekends and evenings will be required for this role.
Account Executive - Requirements
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that require minimal amends from seniors
- Writing coherent advertorial and competition copy that require minimal amends from seniors and
- Identifying publicity opportunities as directed
- Producing internal copy for newsletters, internal briefings and notice boards
- Competent in all written communications such as e-mails, letters, briefings, agenda etc. both
internally and externally to colleagues, clients and journalists with good spelling, punctuation and
- An understanding of how the media works in the areas in which the agency operates - the
opportunities and 'slots' available, building relationships with journalists and their "little black
book", knowledge of the media landscape across print to broadcast to digital
- A desire to develop and discover new media opportunities
- Fully managing the process of press release distribution including creating sell in sheets
- Helping to pitch ideas and items in to media as directed
- Understanding and running programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions,
sampling offers, free for every reader offers etc.
- Proactively looking for press opportunities, working alongside managers
- Confident in making verbal approaches to all journalists - consumer, business-to-business and
trade - to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities whether face to face or over the phone
- Assist in the organisation of events ranging from press accreditation, on site interviews, photo
calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients
- To actively participate in meetings. Helping in the preparing for the meeting and in presenting
elements as directed
- Participating in client kick off meetings where appropriate
- Participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches
- Play a part in new business and client brainstorms
- Liaise with clients at a junior level in a confident manner and build good working relationships
- Undertake media and administration research for new business pitches and current client
programmes as required
Approach & Aptitude
- Looking for someone that throws everything at it, a hungry, driven and ambitious addition to the growing team
- Looking for a results driven candidate, someone that loves seeing their work in print, online,
on the radio and on TV
- Organisation and time management must come naturally as the agency collectively works with over
35+ clients at any given time
If this is the Account Executive role for you then do not hesitate and apply now !
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Ryan Farrell" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact Ryan Farrell | DD: + 44| 207 845 7259 - Ryan.Farrell@majorplayers.co.uk, Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.