Account Executive - PR Agency - East London
Contact: Ryan Farrell
Up to £23k
Account Executive - The Company
My client is a creative communications agency with specialist knowledge of the cultural and media landscapes. They use this along with their creative contacts and influential networks to engage their clients with the right audiences.
Account Executive - The Role
My client is seeking an Account Executive with a minimum of one year's experience within the PR industry, they must have a good knowledge of the media and a growing black book of journalists that they can call on. Passion for the Arts and Culture is essential. You must be able to demonstrate an active interest in these areas. An understanding of the changing media landscape is essential with a good knowledge of opportunities available to their client roster.
This role will see you deliver on multiple accounts at any one time. You will be building relationships with journalists and placing coverage for clients. You will have a small amount of client contact regarding logistics. You will be providing support across event clients via accreditation, creative ideas, providing media lists, writing press materials, sourcing and engaging with influencers and more.
Account Executive- Key Responsibilities
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that require minimal amends from seniors and clients
- Writing coherent advertorial and competition copy that require minimal amends from seniors and clients
- Identifying publicity opportunities as directed
- Producing internal copy for newsletters, internal briefings and notice boards
- Competent in all written communications such as e-mails, letters, briefings, agenda etc. both internally and externally to colleagues, clients and journalists with good spelling, punctuation and grammar
- An understanding of how the media works in the areas in which the agency operate - the opportunities and 'slots' available, building relationships with journalists and their "little black book", knowledge of the media landscape across print to broadcast to digital
- A desire to develop and discover new media opportunities
- Fully managing the process of press release distribution including creating sell in sheets
- Helping to pitch ideas and items in to media as directed
- Understanding and running programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions, sampling offers, free for every reader offers etc.
- Proactively looking for press opportunities, working alongside managers
- Confident in making verbal approaches to all journalists - consumer, business-to-business and trade - to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities whether face to face or over the phone
- Assist in the organisation of events ranging from press accreditation, on site interviews, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients
- To actively participate in meetings. Helping in the preparing for the meeting and in presenting elements as directed
- Participating in client kick off meetings where appropriate
- Participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches
- Play a part in new business and client brainstorms
- Liaise with clients at a junior level in a confident manner and build good working relationships
- Undertake media and administration research for new business pitches and current client programmes as required
If this is the Account Executive role for you then do not hesitate and apply now !
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Ryan Farrell" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Ryan Farrell | DD: + 44| 207 845 7259 - Ryan.Farrell@majorplayers.co.uk, Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.