PR Account Director (Maternity Cover) - Travel clients- Central London
Contact: Ryan Farrell
Up to £50k
PR Account Director - The Company
My client is a renowned Comms agency with international reach, providing communications, creative and digital strategies to leading global brands and the next generation of ground-breaking talent within the fashion, beauty, lifestyle and luxury goods industries. We align business ambition and cultural energy for commercial success.
At present, they have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Director to join their fast-growing Travel team within their lifestyle department.
The Lifestyle department spans luxury travel, restaurants, bars, art, design and property. Ideally you will be coming from an agency (or equivalent) background and have experience of managing high-profile accounts. As a lifestyle agency my client does not approach property in a traditional way.
PR Account Director - The Role
They are therefore seeking a candidate with demonstrable travel PR experience, an interest in travel and an understanding of the wider cultural landscape.
The strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. They agency's services cover press relations, print and online editorial procurement, product placement, high profile event management and innovative creative and digital strategies.
* Have the ability to provide counsel to clients as opposed to taking direction from clients; Is able to have tough conversations with clients with their best interests in mind
* Able to lead client calls / in-person meetings and think on one's feet
* Able to take client business objectives and develop a linear and cohesive communication strategy that reflect those business objectives
* Be the core account team lead, able to pull in and collaborate with speciality resources across the agency (domestically and internationally) to ensure the client is getting access to the agency's network-wide expertise
* Able to lead client programs and campaigns - from planning to execution - in an organised and timely manner, within the specified budget
* Understand the difference between a communication strategy and a media strategy
* Show accountability in terms of meeting client benchmarks and delivering strong media coverage; Delivers on this through team leadership and guidance
* Own all media relations and continue to develop and maintain key relationships
* Is able to provide strategic and tactical support to Divisional Director
* Working with the in-house events team to manage launch events for media and influencers
* Line managing your team to ensure they meet targets and have a development plan
* Exhibit strong new business skills both from a planning and proposal perspective and during in-person pitch opportunities; Bringing n new business opportunities through networking
* Working closely with the agency's social media team to ensure client milestones are promoted
PR Account Director - Required skills/interests
* Experience of working on leading accounts within the Travel sector
* UK and International press contacts
* Experience in client management and new business activity
* 5 years+ experience
If this is the PR Account Director role for you then do not hesitate and apply now!
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Ryan Farrell" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Ryan Farrell | DD: + 44| 207 845 7259 - Ryan.Farrell@majorplayers.co.uk, Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.