Account Director - PR agency - Central London
Contact: Ryan Farrell
Up to £45k
Account Director - The Company
My client provides great ideas to grow clients' businesses and reputations. This is summed up by their culture of 'making cool things happen' and they aim to do this every single day.
The agency is home to a team of leading experts in a range of disciplines including brand strategy, marketing, advertising, PR, web, digital, SEO/PPC and graphic design. It is this depth and range of expertise that makes them extremely agile and guarantees that their clients have access to the very best insights in the industry.
Account Director - The Role
You will be working in a highly supportive team directing campaigns for some of the UK's leading interiors manufacturers and retailers.
As such, you will need a commercial mindset - able to put yourselves in the client's shoes while thinking about 'value' - whilst also knowing the worth of the work they provide.
You will be handling integrated campaigns that pull together a range of the agency's wider team disciplines, as well as media relations, influencer outreach, social media and shoots, so an understanding of some of the other disciplines beyond PR is valuable.
You will need at least 2 years' experience at Account Director level, as the nature of their client campaigns is that they are large-scale and multi-layered and therefore require solid management experience.
One thing the agency can guarantee is that there is never a dull day in their fast-paced office and if you want to continue to grow your professional skills-set, you will be joining a company that will support that.
Account Director - Responsibilities
* Building close working relationships with client contacts, demonstrating proactive interaction and rapport-building, becoming key point of contact for clients
* Building journalist relationships; gaining familiarity with journalist specialisms/interests, editorial contacts, publication dates
* Media relations: proactively pitching stories and finding creative angles, writing press releases and by-lines while developing and strengthening relationships with media contacts; proactively making and nurturing new contacts
* Ability to proactively identify potential client issues in advance, and creatively respond and
manage each account to a desired outcome for both client and agency
* Where applicable, managing an efficient and tailored features programme; identifying
appropriate opportunities for the client within target media, using existing information or
creating new materials to craft and deliver successful pitches; creating high quality briefing
information for senior client spokespeople and staffing media engagements where appropriate
* Developing a variety of key client documents: briefing materials, product descriptions, agendas, WIP reports, etc
* Actively participating and contributing own ideas to planning meetings and brainstorms
* Ensuring client/media databases are up to date and effectively managed
* Actively participating in presentations/pitch meetings when required
Account Director - Required skills/interests
* Minimum of 2 years' experience working as an Account Director in one of the following: an advertising agency; an integrated agency; or a digital agency in which online PR / content marketing is a key offer.
* Be a skilled strategic thinker with experience running fully integrated campaigns that cover a variety of platforms such as PR, social media, SEO and marketing.
* Understand how to spearhead social media and online PR campaigns to deliver effectively on client goals.
* Interiors experience is not essential however a background working with retail brands is preferred.
* Be an excellent communicator in your written work for the agency - e.g. able to articulate strategic vision - and also able to write content for clients when required. You will need to provide high-quality examples of both.
* Act as an energized, flexible, passionate Account Director who will help bring the agency's values to life through a positive attitude, creative problem solving and ultimately add value to client campaigns and the company's client roster.
If this is the Account Director role for you then do not hesitate and apply now !
We have a variety of PR roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Ryan Farrell" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact Ryan Farrell | DD: + 44| 207 845 7259 - Ryan.Farrell@majorplayers.co.uk, Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly.