Middleweight Packaging Designer
Contact: Katherine Hibberd
I am recruiting for a high-end UK homeware brand who are looking for a Middleweight Packaging Designer. The opportunity is to join a rapidly growing company who already operate in over 100 markets worldwide. 2D packaging design and structural packaging experience is essential. Art direction, typography and illustration skills are beneficial. You must have a minimum of 2 years' experience and a design related degree.
The packaging designer will be working in a collaborative design team. They are looking for a hands-on creative with the ability to see a brief through from initial concept to preparing final print-ready artwork. In addition to designing in 2D, the successful applicant will have experience with proposing structural packaging concepts, i.e. shelf and hanging product packs and protective packaging for the products. The ability/ experience to create physical card mock ups is beneficial. The role requires a highly organised individual who is able to take ownership of their projects and deliver to tight deadlines.
* Create packaging designs that raise the brand profile
* Concept, design, retouching and art-working of packaging
* Propose structural packaging concepts and create physical card mock ups
* Support in the design and artworking of the seasonal product catalogue, POS and large format graphics
* Create trade press advertising and promotional material to support the sales team
Required Experience and Skills
* A minimum of 2 years' experience
* Apple literate
* Expertise in Adobe CS inc. In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop
* The ability to managing multiple projects
* Work to tight deadlines