Contact: Christina.Krajewski Krajewski
Midweight Web Developer
Location: Southwark, London
Major Partners are excited to be working with the digital content experts Mediablaze. Mediablaze are a digital marketing agency who utilise data to identify scalable growth opportunities throughout the path to purchase, creating connected customer experiences that help brands grow using three core service pillars: Content Marketing, Platform Design & Build and Performance marketing.
We have joined the team in a period of growth to help bolster the team's client services, commercial and technical capabilities and a key hire within this strategy will be a Midweight Web Developer to join their dedicated digital team. The new recruit will bring an inquisitive mindset for how things are put together, bags of energy and enthusiasm for their craft. A collaborative work ethic will see you fit in with our existing team to deliver some exciting builds lined up for 2019.
● Take ownership of all CMS development from initial conception and architecture, through
to the delivery of polished, featureful and bug-free user interfaces.
● Write concise, well organised and (where possible) reusable code; being considerate to
other developers collaborating with you or picking up and extending upon your work in
the delivery of new features.
● Optimise your creations for maximum performance and scalability to meet the high quality
of digital experience expected by our clients whilst catering for high volumes of traffic.
● Strike the right balance between documenting your code and keeping a keen eye on
timelines and project delivery.
● Accurately estimate your time to deliver features within your projects and help to define
sprint plans according to Agile/Scrum methodologies.
● Be an expert in the capabilities of WordPress but also develop a solid understanding of
the alternatives (e.g. Umbraco, Drupal, SiteCore).
● Expert understanding of browser-compliant application and user interface builds using
● Expert knowledge of pre-processed CSS platforms and able to write scalable and
modular CSS/Sass with BEM syntax.
● Expert knowledge of WordPress, working with custom themes crafted from scratch.
● Experience of working with other common open-source CMS and eCommerce
applications (notably Drupal, Umbraco, Shopify, Magento).
React or Angular to help deliver a stable and scalable product.
● In-depth knowledge of progressive enhancement, accessibility standards, and usability.
● Strong PHP experience within the context of CMS development
● Strong knowledge of MySQL.
● Solid understanding of web performance and optimisation.
● Experience with Git for version control and continuous integration tools used to managed
deployments (May include CodeDeploy, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins etc).
● Confident working with various forms of APIs and able to define these with colleagues
internally as well as with external development partners.
● Good understanding of SEO best practice and principles for on-site optimisation.
● Still hold an appreciation for the importance of pixel perfect delivery of user interfaces.