Managing Editor- Digital Publisher- London
Contact: Lydia Stiller-Flowerdew
Major Players is working with a new and exciting digital multimedia publisher dedicated to developing content for women, by women from Africa and the African diaspora. Working across a multimedia platform that develops and curates nuanced topics ranging from fashion, beauty, entertainment, politics, social issues, women's rights, and empowerment as well as arts and culture. With few platforms solely dedicated to capturing authentic stories from the continent, this start-up aims to fill the gap by adopting a digital-first, multidisciplinary and cross-cultural approach to content creation, storytelling, and editorial production, offering their audience purposeful and insightful stories that represent various African and Afro-diasporic women communities.
Looking for a Managing Editor to join their team to lead and manage the operational and editorial tasks. You will commission writers, ideate and contribute stories, and oversee daily happenings on the site.
The ideal candidate is someone who is incredibly process-oriented, operational, data driven, is able to work in a very fast paced environment and can lead, execute and manage editorial projects and creative concepts efficiently and effectively. This role is also looking for someone who can manage junior writers , commission freelance writers and has a very strong understanding of the editorial and newsroom process.
An ideal candidate must have the following:
- At least 5/6 years of experience working in editorial.
- Prior experience as a managing editor or a relevant role.
- Previous experience managing a team of editors and staff writers.
- Previous experience managing and overseeing production schedules and editorial calendars.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Possess problem solving abilities.
- Good eye for digital trends.
- Strong understanding of data and data analytics tools.
- Plan and manage daily editorial operations.
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly process oriented and operational.
- Strong multimedia journalism skills across print, video, audio, experiential and social.
- Ability to ideate and develop stories from conception to completion.
- Ability to pitch and assign stories across video, audio and photography
- Strong understanding of branded content.
- Experience managing and producing shoots and productions.
- Extensive experience planning, assigning and editing content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess an understanding of shoppable content that incorporates affiliate links and commerce products.
-At least 6 years of experience working in editorial within a similar cultural focus
-Prior experience as a managing editor or a relevant role
-Previous experience managing a team of editors and staff writers
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
-Excellent project management
Desirable skills: Experience managing and producing shoots and productions. Strong understanding of data and data analytics tools. Good eye for digital trends.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "LYDIA STILLER- FLOWERDEW". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Lydia@majorplayers.co.uk| DD: + 44| 207 845 7214. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly if you would like more information before applying.