Managing Editor (Maternity Cover)- Editorial- London
Contact: Lydia Stiller-Flowerdew
Managing Editor- The Company!
Major Players is working with a magazine that has built its reputation on being a consistent source of inspiration in fashion culture. It began as a fanzine dedicated to the street style of punk-era London in 1980, and quickly earned its position at the vanguard of fashion and style, abiding by the premise of originate - don't imitate. Coming a long way since its pre-digital, cut-and-paste days and has developed into a glossy magazine that documents fashion and contemporary culture, and has broken ground defining it too. Constantly reinventing itself, as with their website, it continues to encourage creativity, which is why after more than 30 years, its editorial content still manages to surprise and inspire.
Managing Editor- The Role!
As the Managing Editor, UK, you will be responsible for helping the team meet its day-to-day content goals and scheduling digital content, with a focus on the UK site, while liaising with the Head of Content for a global outlook. Reporting to the Global Editorial Director you will also be responsible for commissioning, editing and posting original content and signing-off content produced by their UK editors and freelancers. You will also be expected to take responsibility for key editorial decisions and look at analytics to lead strategic planning of social media roll-out schedules, as well as helping to manage the commissioning budget.
* Helping the editorial team meet its content and traffic targets.
* Identifying and optimising content themes and opportunities for new editorial strands.
* To liaise with the Editorial Director, Global English as to what international content will run on the global English site(s). Ensuring all relevant content has been translated for use and is ready to upload.
* To monitor all content, pitches, ideas and events from the international offices, and liaise with international editors on commissions, reporting in to the Editorial Director, Global English and Global Head Content.
* Work with the Social Media Editor to use analytics and data to optimise the social media posting schedule.
* Provide additional leadership and guidance to a young editorial team, helping to plan team capacity.
* Commissioning, producing and writing daily original content .
* Ensuring a fresh and broad range of freelance writers are contributing to the site.
* Proofreading and copy-editing daily website content, and feeding back to contributors and editors if need be.
* To understand and comply with media law and industry ethical guidelines.
* To demonstrate great people skills and a meticulous eye for detail.
* To work on branded projects as and when required.
* To pitch ideas and write editorial for digital and print.
* General administrative duties as required
* To be an ambassador for the brand at all times
Experience and Qualifications
* 4+ years experience in an editorial capacity at a large publication/website.
* Understanding of and interest in fashion, music, and counter culture.
* Experience working with CMS.
* An online personal presence (Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc).
* Intermediate knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Word, etc.
Don't Miss out, Apply Today!
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "LYDIA STILLER- FLOWERDEW". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Lydia Stiller- Flowerdew- Lydia@majorplayers.co.uk | DD: + 44| 207 845 7214. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly if you would like more information before applying.
We have a variety of digital roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for.
Contact: Lydia Stiller-Flowerdew