Major Players are working with a small, award-winning design studio based in central London looking for a talented, energetic and positive UI/Graphic designer to join the team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about visual design. We want someone who can work in both physical and digital: across print, packaging, brand identity, photography, web sites and apps on mobile devices.
* Have 3+ years of industry experience.
* Have a strong portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design, design narrative,typography, colour and photography.
* Have experience working in a professional design environment and collaborating withteams in a flexible and open way.
* Are comfortable meeting senior clients from large companies and presenting your work to them as part of our team.
* Are resourceful: If you don't know how to do something we want you to learn how. Our work is extremely varied and constantly challenges you to learn new skills.
* Believe in user centred design: Sometimes you will need to accompany the design team on user research missions, confidently performing interviews with strangers about specific projects and translating their needs into new concepts.
* Know about the latest trends and are constantly experimenting with the latest developments in visual design.
* Logos and Branding - you can create brand identities in a range of styles, understanding the needs of the client across different media from mobile devices to packaging and even physical spaces.
* UI Design - You can design contemporary looking apps and websites and are aware of the trends in app design. You can then transform these into interactive prototypes using packages such as inVision or Marvel. You can also brief and talk to web/app developers.
* Editorial Documents and reports - you can create stunning reports and presentations showing your design process and sharing the design stories with our clients in an engaging way.
* Photography and video - you are completely comfortable using a digital SLR and can take product shots in a studio environment. You know what f-stops are and how to use simple studio lighting setups. You can also film and edit short videos.
* Packaging - You can design incredible product packaging and transform your concepts into detailed product specifications for professional model makers.
* Ideation and narrative - You can tell a story about your design choices and create a narrative to take people through the journey of your thinking. You are great at ideation and brainstorming ideas and communicating them simply and clearly.
Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
InVision and Marvel
iWork (Keynote, Pages etc.)
Photography and video editing
Experience in AfterEffects is advantageous
Knowledge of 3D rendering packages is advantageous
Contact: Charly Panton