Head of Web Content & Merchandising- Travel- London
Contact: Lydia Stiller-Flowerdew
This is an ideal role for a commercially minded marketer with a solid understanding of web content strategy and excellent copywriting skills to lead the web content team for premium and luxury guided vacation brands. You will be responsible for planning, leading and executing the content strategy of two websites, with 8 regional versions, to optimise reach, engagement and sales. You will ensure that the websites contain accurate, relevant and up-to-date product and service information and will partner with their product, global marketing and web development teams to deliver multiple product launches per year. With an analytical mindset, you'll be motivated by delivering website optimisations that increase conversion from both consumer and trade audiences. You'll have successfully devised personalisation strategies for different user groups and take a data-driven, test and learn approach to implementation. You will be comfortable interfacing with UX designers and web development team mapping out user journeys for different personas.
-Create a comprehensive web content strategy for both brands defining the substance,
structure, workflow and governance.
* Drive the brands web personalisation strategy to tailor web content to suit
interests, preferences and needs of their website visitors and ultimately increase
* Be responsible for all content and merchandising across their websites
supporting policies and procedures around content management style and
* Manage the team to deliver all website content including sales, marketing, product
and legal content.
* Ensure that their websites are optimised to convert new prospects, repeat
guests, travel agents and partners at all states of their buying cycle from consideration
* Lead the team through competitor and design reviews to build understanding of the
features of best in class websites.
* Work with the web development team to ensure their websites are
optimized for user experience, mobile and SEO.
* Oversee reporting of the commercial performance of the websites and adapt content strategy as required to continually optimize conversion.
* Manage the team to conduct quality checking and editing of the websites to ensure accuracy, consistency and adherence to content strategy.
* Develop project plans and associated communications documents, conduct post project
analysis and submit recommendations in order to drive continuous improvement in project delivery.
* Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with the global marketing team, regional marketing teams, web development team, paid media marketing team and CRM team.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE!
-Minimum of 10 years' ecommerce experience.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience leading, managing and motivating teams with
accountability for managing performance and personal development.
* Relevant bachelor's degree. Post-graduate qualifications in marketing or digital
marketing an advantage.
* Previous experience managing the online merchandising of an ecommerce website
and a proven track record of delivering an increase in sales.
* Experience of implementing website personalization with the skill to execute a new
* Good understanding of UX and UI including user journey mapping, audience analysis,
persona development and their application into the user experience.
* Proficient in A/B testing techniques.
* Solid grasp of SEO requirements and delivery approach.
* Expertise with a range of web analytics tools, Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends,
heatmapping and behaviour tracking and reporting tools.
* Working familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud or Creative Suite.
* Experience with current CMS platforms.
* Familiarity with legal issues such as copyright, data protection and accessibility
* Complete fluency in English (English mother tongue preferred).
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "LYDIA STILLER- FLOWERDEW". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Lydia@majorplayers.co.uk| DD: + 44| 207 845 7214. Please note all applications will be made in confidence. Feel free to call me directly if you would like more information before applying.