Head of Technology - Tech Start-Up (Events) - £80,000 - £90,000 + benefits and share options
Contact: Harry Maguire
Head of Technology - The Company
Voted one of London's top 100 start-ups for the last 2 years, a disruptive Tech Start-up in the Events industry is looking for a Head of Tech/CTO to join their innovative and cutting edge teams.
They provide a SaaS enabled marketplace for events to search, book, and pay for unique and fit for purpose spaces across the UK. They have an aim to become the market leader in this space and utilise the latest technology to create an engaging and global brand that connects people that need space to those who have it.
Head of Technology - Your Role
Due to their rapid expansion in the past 2 years, they are looking for an experienced Head of Technology to take ownership over their core platforms and devise strategy to expand their technology capabilities. You will have a proven track record of delivering scalable and exciting digital products, transforming and leading Engineering teams to a development process that is built upon Agile values.
Head of Technology - Your Responsibilities
* Define the technology solutions that best deliver customer value whilst remaining maintainable and scalable to support the business growth
* Collaborate with the Product team to ensure a smooth delivery life-cycle.
* Proactively contribute to roadmap and backlog planning to ensure clarity and accountability for release goals
* Own and manage the technology roadmap to maintain control over the technical debt
* Manage relationships with external vendors (engineering resource, QA, cloud engineers)
* Manage expectations of senior stakeholders and establish shared understanding of priorities across the company
* Form, shape and manage the engineering team, including recruitment, evaluation, line management, performance management and retention
Head of Technology - Your Skills
The legacy platform is a Ruby on Rails MVC application that uses Postgres DB, they are now adding React components and Rails-based APIs into this application. They are open to people with a range of technical backgrounds, however given the above, experience in Ruby on Rails, Postgres, React, Kubernetes, Cloud APIs and AWS would be an advantage.
* 5+ years Software Development experience, 3-5 years in leadership roles
* Excellent knowledge of modern web technologies and cloud-based infrastructure
* Ability to setup and maintain a predictable and continuous delivery process within the Agile delivery model
* Proven experience of delivering bespoke web-based software from zero to market traction
* Ability to define application architecture designed to scale to meet growing load as well as adapt to market feedback easily
* Acquisition and retention of engineering talent - both in-house and remote
* Computer science educational background is a bonus
In return, you will be working with a truly disruptive start-up who has secured full investment to drive their capabilities forward long term. You'll be working as part of a fun and sociable team who share the drive to build something really special!
You'll also receive a competitive salary and package with share options available.
If this is the role for you then apply now!
We also have a range of Tech and Development roles on at the moment from £20,000 - £130,000
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "HARRY MAGUIRE". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Harry Maguire - email@example.com. Please note all applications will be made in confidence.