Head of PR & Communications - High-growth fintech start-up (B2C) - Shoreditch - up to £120k
Head of PR & Communications - The company
My client is a very aggressive growth start-up (tech platform) within the crypto-space looking to grow to 600% of their current size by the end of 2023. As they go through this growth, they are looking for leaders of practices to bring in the founding pillars for the department they are leading. the company has a globally expanding team with current offices in the UK and Australia. As the company does not hold or trade any currency, the seasonal dips in the currency do not affect their platform. The platform interacts directly with the end customer and therefore require a Head of PR who has prior experience of amplifying the brand voice for a B2C platform/app and a financial product would be highly advantageous.
Head of PR & Communications - The role
The Head of PR will play a pivotal role in taking ownership of the company's global PR strategy and media relations during this very exciting period of high growth. You will help to shape and cement the company's position in public media, driving brand awareness and perception to new heights. The key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deploy a clear organic global PR strategy to raise brand awareness across key demographics.
- Manage, select and scale an internal team or PR agencies as you see fit to maximise brand reach
- Secure consistent publication in crypto-specific media and larger national mainstream news
- Lead all PR initiatives including media outreach, media interviews, announcements and securing speaking engagements and podcast opportunities for the company spokespeople
- Active Media handling, pitching and monitoring of media performance
- Ensure each team member is adequately prepared and trained for large media engagements
- Manage the creation of highly engaging pitch ideas and deliver to a high standard, even when urgent time-sensitive materials are needed
- Deal with crisis management as and when required.
Head of PR & Communications - Requirements
- Proven commercial experience in a leadership position within Public Relations, (in-house with a hyper-growth startup preferred).
- Proven media management skills, solid copy-writing and editing skills
- Understanding of crypto-currency/ blockchain related terminologies and trends, and a strong interest in crypto culture are a plus. A willingness to learn and dive into the niche is essential.
- Having your own database and established contacts in the media is a plus
We have a variety of Marketing, PR & Comms roles on at present (£40k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for. For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me: "Richa Arora" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: email@example.com, Please note all applications will be made in confidence.
Contact: Richa Arora