Vitabiotics is widely regarded as the most innovative and fastest growing major vitamin supplement company in the UK. As Britain's No1 vitamin company for specific life stages, Vitabiotics has helped define the VMS sector with leading brands such as Perfectil®, Pregnacare®, Wellman® and Wellwoman.
Head of Finance will lead a team of 5, including several direct reports, such as Management Accountant and the Accounts Team. You will be the expert in all financial and technical matters for the business. This is an exciting and varied role for an experienced Financial Controller, with responsibility for the company's day-to-day financial activities across all active sectors. This role will drive and improve all financial activities under the guidance of the Board of Directors including all financial and management accounting, financial planning, budgeting, strategy reporting and control activities and cash flow management.
* Key point of contact for financial control, planning, strategy and reporting to Board of Directors.
* Preparation and presentation of monthly reporting including regional consolidations, ensuring a strong understanding of all variances to budget/forecast and highlighting risks and opportunities.
* Review of flash accounts, profit and loss focused, and budgets.
* Full variance analysis and headline commentary.
* Understanding of product revenue streams analysis including online sales and retail/wholesale.
* Profitability and trend analysis.
* Financial Controls and risk mitigation.
* Reviewing all intercompany transactions.
* Overseeing and responsible for the annual budget, reviewing and consolidation.
* Main point of contact for year-end audit and liaising with external company auditors.
* Understanding and having a firm grasp on the Treasury and Working Capital Cycles of the group, per entity.
* Developing team member's knowledge to ensure all elements of the Management Accounts and reporting are covered.
* Pro-actively driving ad hoc commercial analysis to help focus activity and identify potential cost savings, such as production and logistics, and value for money, making recommendations for improvements where necessary.
* Supporting team to understand finance systems and processes i.e. the Purchase Order and Delivery Management and Revenue Analysis.
* Ensuring that members of the team are offered training and development which will in turn strengthen the finance team.
* Set up systems for early fraud alert and detection within the business.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to achieve required results with a very professional manner
* Strong analytical skills to provide value added appraisals
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to influence at all levels
* Ability to balance different tasks/priorities and work to deadlines in a demanding environment, managing change wherever necessary
* An enthusiastic team player who can lead by example and achieve optimum performance through coaching and development of the team.
* Ability to lead a finance department
* Systems literate - SAP, Excel (Advanced)
* Able to work under own initiative
* A motivated self-starter who is able to use their initiative and take ownership of tasks
* Demonstrates strong financial acumen and commercial awareness
* Minimum 3 years' experience at Financial Controller or similar level within a similar working environment "wholesale or retail industry".
Vitabiotics offers a great range of benefits for its employees, including 24 days holiday not including bank holidays, contributory pension, private health cover, a personal bonus scheme and a company car.
If you are an enthusiastic and determined hard worker, looking for a great new position at one of the UK's largest Wellness and Healthcare brands, please contact: Eliz Arken at email@example.com.
Contact: Eliz Arken