Head of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs - Full-time - Telecoms Infrastructure - Reading, Berkshire
Contact: Richa Arora
£100,000 - £120,000 (pro-rata)
The company is headquartered in Spain and is entering the UK market through acquisition of a UK business. Currently, the company has a strong foothold in the European markets and with the UK entry, they are opening doors to the wider world. The company specialises in telecoms infrastructure and engineering technology and their stakeholders include the likes of transport services, the parliament, local councils, the large venues (30000+ capacity) and the government bodies.
This company are looking for a Head of Corporate Comms who will really drive the business' strategy, raise their profile, corporate reputation and generally raise brand awareness through PR and partner communications. This is a great opportunity for someone forward thinking and creative to join a growing and exciting company! You MUST have an experience of B2B corporate communications, public affairs and lobbying and ideally would have come from a business that's within one of the above sectors.
Head of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs - The role:
The successful person will lead communications on a broad range of issues across the business and report to the company's UK Managing Director and functionally to the Global Director of Corporate & Public Affairs based in Europe. Current communications workstreams include the integration of the acquired business, which is expected to complete in H2 2020, and the company's participation in the final stage of the tender process to provide connectivity across London's huge infrastructure networks, as well as other ongoing projects.
The main job responsibilities are:
* Own and drive the UK communications strategy and deliver it across the organisation, ensuring it is aligned with the objectives of the wider business.
* Advise key stakeholders and spokespeople on how to frame communications to internal audience -in close coordination with the Resources area who is responsible for internal communications-- and external stakeholders, on matters including M&A activity, internal structures and sector changes
* Partner with the wider Corporate & Public Affairs team as well as the external communications advisory team to manage any media enquiries and proactive opportunities, including interviews and speaking opportunities
* Develop and lead the company's online and social media strategy in the UK and develop content as relevant
* Work with the company's external communications advisory team to develop innovative thought leadership opportunities and contribution to key sector events
* Build and develop key contacts with relevant UK public affairs stakeholders, at both national and local levels
* Keep up to date with developments in the industry and the impact these may have on the company. A close interaction and alignment with the Regulatory team both at UK and corporate level will be key to anticipate any relevant regulation and/or public policy issues that may impact the company
* Communications efforts should support the wider corporate and marketing startegies (i.e. product and marketing communications from Business Lines) of the company. The successful candidate will work closely with the management team to understand the corporate strategy, financial calendar, commercial events milestones and upcoming projects
We have a variety of Marketing and communications roles on at present (£20k-£130k), so if this is one is not suitable; please call me to discuss other exciting opportunities which you can apply for. Please be aware that we are receiving a high volume of applications and with a reduced number of staff, it is difficult to come back to all applicants therefore if you haven't heard from us in 5 working days, at this point unfortunately you have not been successful.
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "Richa Arora" To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Richa Arora - email@example.com, Please note all applications will be made in confidence.