An rapidly expanding 'AAA' games studio based in one of the UK's brightest cities, Manchester are now looking for a number of Graphics Engineers / Programmer's to join its growing team. You'll be passionate about new techniques, able to experiment and driven to deliver best-in-class visuals and effects.
This is an opportunity to enjoy flexible working (from home most of the time) and join a studio that was founded as a centre for technical excellence in the video games industry. In the last two years this studio has become the 'go-to' studio for technical challenges and co-development on AAA and mobile games.
* Take ownership of the engineering side of the rendering of a AAA title, that means framerate, delivering visual aesthetic, smoothing out glitches and errors related to any part of the graphics pipeline
* Work directly with the art & level design team to push the engine to it's limits while maintaining framerate
* Innovate creative tools and processes, and maintaining existing core technologies
* Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
* Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed..
* Study latest papers in the field and disseminate information to the rest of the team.
* UE4 Rendering and Graphics Expert
* C++ experience (5+ years)
* Experience in real-time game content pipeline and tools
* Strong graphics programming skills, background in rendering & shader algorithms, linear algebra, trigonometry & calculus
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to debug, profile, and analyze profiling data and perform GPU optimization.
* Proficient with writing vertex, pixel, and compute shaders using HLSL or equivalent.
* DirectX 12 experience - bindless textures etc.
* Experience with HDR, PBR, and both forward+ & deferred rendering
* Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or related Technical Degree
* Experience with multi-threading and optimization
Contact: Joe Faulkner