Full Stack Developer - Tech Start Up (Events) - £55,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Contact: Harry Maguire
Full Stack Developer - The Company
Voted one of London's top 100 start-ups for the last 2 years, a disruptive Tech Start-up in the Events industry is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their innovative and cutting edge technology team.
They provide a SaaS enabled marketplace for events to search, book, and pay for unique and fit for purpose spaces across the UK. They have an aim to become the market leader in this space and utilise the latest technology to create an engaging and global brand that connects people that need space to those who have it.
Full Stack Developer - Your Role
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of software development as they build the next generation of platforms. Their current products are based on React and Ruby on Rails, so experience in these technologies is essential.
You'll be involved across all stages of the product life cycle: from idea, to proof of concept, to build and then release, and will have the opportunity to input at all stages. You'll work closely with their broader team of Product Managers, UX Designers, and Customer Success Managers to help ensure we deliver cutting edge products.
Full Stack Developer - Your Responsibilities
* Write clean, comprehensive and scalable code in ROR and React for their three core platforms.
* Input and direct strategy for the development of new platforms that will be rolled out to European markets next year.
* Define 'what good looks like' in this emerging team and establish internal processes that adhere to best practise.
* Direct Tech stacks and explore new technologies to develop the best possible user interfaces.
* Oversee code reviews and mentor junior members of the team.
Full Stack Developer - Your Skills
* Good knowledge of Ruby on Rails and frontend development (ideally React)
* A good understanding of the Microservices architecture, and experience with building REST based APIs using RoR.
* Good knowledge of databases and when to use relational and non-relational databases, such as search servers or in-memory datastores.
* Experience building responsive UIs on the web that are both maintainable and robust.
* A deep understanding of the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring. Ideally you've been writing unit tests with Jest and integrating these into a build process.
* A good understanding of at least one of: CSS, SCSS, SASS or Styled-Components.
* Performed code reviews and worked collaboratively on a shared codebase. You have experience with unit testing, and establishing coding best practices.
* An eye for detail and a passion to make what we create shine. Their products have got to be functionally correct and they've also got to look good.
Bonus points for experience in any of the following: Kubernetes, Docker, Node, Python, Go, and Python.
In return, you will be working with a truly disruptive start-up who has secured full investment to drive their capabilities forward long term. You'll be working as part of a fun and sociable team who are anything but corporate!
You'll also receive a competitive salary and package with share options available.
If this is the role for you then apply now!
We also have a range of Tech and Development roles on at the moment from £20,000 - £130,000
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "HARRY MAGUIRE". To apply for this fantastic opportunity or for further information, please contact: Harry Maguire - email@example.com. Please note all applications will be made in confidence.