Front End Developer - Global Newspaper and Media Brand - £40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits
Contact: Harry Maguire
Front End Developer - The Company
The branded content team of a global newspaper and media brand is looking for a Front End Developer to join their team! They have a heritage stretching back over 150 years and are a global player in the publishing industry.
Front End Developer - Your role
In recent years, digital has become a key focus for their teams and they have created an in house content team to help brands and individuals to tell their story to a global audience. The Front End Developer will be instrumental in making these stories come to life across their digital platforms.
You'll be responsible for building responsive and interactive digital products across desktop, mobile, and tablet. The team is currently exploring projects related to gamification, interaction, and AR/VR and you will take lead on developing these products.
Front End Developer - Your Responsibilities
* Build highly interactive, engaging digital experiences on digital platforms
* Lead coding of all technical builds, delivering multiple projects simultaneously on time and within budget
* Build programs of different sizes and scales, from minor adjustments within internal CMS tools such as Composer and Salsa, to bespoke front-end website builds
* Translate flat designs into fully semantic and interactive front-end builds with a rigorous attention to detail on all tasks
* Development of projects across all devices including desktop, mobile and tablet
* Work independently without day-to-day direction and deliver fully developed, creative builds on time without delays
* Serve as the main point of contact on the International Team for the development team in New York.
* Communicate complex problems and propose solutions across all creative teams and clients
* Maintain a high standard of code quality, ethics, documentation, standards and security
* Lead QA process with creative teams of design, edit and tech for international programs
Front End Developer - Your Skills
* Strong technical communication skills with ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terms
* Experience using version control systems like Github and SVN, CDNs and CMSs
* Experience of testing and debugging across a variety of popular browser and devices
* Expert knowledge of responsive design and front-end optimization
* Ability to code and build technical programs from start to finish
* Expert knowledge and fluent ability to use HTML, CSS, SASS and SVG
* Working knowledge of PHP, ASP, MYSQL or similar languages
* Ability to use web animation languages/libraries such as CSS3, Three.js, Greensock and Webgl
* Understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
* An impressive portfolio of past projects
In return, you'll be working as part of a cutting edge development team and working on global projects. You'll have the opportunity to develop your skills in the latest technologies in a creative and innovative environment. You will also receive a very competitive salary and bonus structure.
If this is the role for you then APPLY NOW!!
We have a range of Tech and Development roles on at the moment from £20,000 - £130,000
For further assurance, please review my profile on LinkedIn and connect with me; Search for "HARRY MAGUIRE". To apply for this opportunity or for further information, please contact: Harry Maguire| DD: 020 78 45 72 66- email@example.com