We’re looking for an experienced Senior Studio Manager / Creative Services Manager to join our team in an exciting integrated agency in Soho. We have a diverse portfolio of clients including luxury goods, film, real estate, travel, retail, charity, property and public sector. Our studio delivers everything from brand strategy to print collateral, moving image and photographic assets to digital and social campaigns. No day is the same. This is a full time role – 5 days a week.
A bit about us
We’re an independent full-service agency who are curious, fearless, honest and passionate – with a large dose of fun and mischief thrown in.
We work with clients on business and brand strategy, through to design and visual identity, ads, social campaigns, web builds and moving image in-house – as one slightly dysfunctional family.
We’re not sector-based; it keeps things interesting and broadens our horizons. In essence we create simple, bold work, that works.
Culture-first is everything to us – and we all look out for one another when needed. We like working with people who care, because we really care about the work we produce and will do everything it takes to get the best work out the door.
The Creative Services Manager will manage workflow, resource and elements of production in our busy multi-disciplinary studio, working with the Senior Management Team to ensure consistent and excellent delivery of projects across all platforms.
You will drive agency process, always looking ahead and ensuring that we meet deadlines, to help produce outstanding work within budget.
You will have in-depth knowledge of workflow systems and will have no qualms championing this within the studio. Excellent project management skills are a must, as is the ability to be calm under pressure. This role is a linchpin within the studio team; the ability to problem solve, to know when to be flexible (and when not to be), and to keep a sense of humour at all times is essential.
You’re passionate, organised, flexible with the drive and energy to help drive this busy agency.
You will have previous agency experience, where you will have demonstrated an ability to manage workflow and resource effectively for a wide range of clients and projects both big and small, and will be as comfortable working on digital projects as you are print.
The role includes:
- Being the guardian of time within the studio team – making sure the teams are working on the work they are supposed to be working on, juggling workload if a new request comes in, being aware of the impact of pulling resource from one project to another
- Ensuring all briefs are accurate, approved and briefed in to the creative department prior to work starting
- Agreeing resource and talent on projects for each brief, working with client services and creative leads to do so
- Creating and maintaining a workflow structure across all departments account management, creative, digital and artwork
- Reviewing and driving the daily work schedules of the studio
- Ensuring work is delivered to the set deadline
- Compiling and updating creative resource schedules regularly
- Aiding the client services team on achieving milestones
- Being proactive and aware of project changes across the studio taking action if necessary. Always looking ahead beyond the next two weeks
- Working with the client services team on forward planning on projects
- Keeping all departments informed about project status. Flagging any potential issues early
- Being solution orientated
- Ensuring quality control of all work produced
- Liaising with and negotiate third party availability and rates (illustrators, photographers et al)
- Booking freelance requirements
- Ensuring approval of all work internally before going to client
- Reviewing in advance any holiday clashes for deadlines, kick offs, workshops etc. and bringing in necessary resource or managing workflow to ensure Business As Usual is not affected
- Assisting with new business when required
- Negotiating with talent
- Studio on-boarding and administration
- Licence renewals
- 3rd party supplier liaison and management (where appropriate)
- Freelance management: liaising with direct contacts to book them in for pre-approved jobs. Only using recruiters where necessary
- Meeting suppliers
- Tracking the booking, and keeping log of all costs, sharing with Directors and Account Team on a weekly basis
- Approving timesheets
- Quotes for photographers/illustrators/promo items/sourcing
General studio management and admin
- Using our online system ‘People HR’ to record absences and work with ‘Heads of Dept’ on approving holidays
- Assist with general office administration as and when needed
Essential Skills and Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in a senior role within an agency or in-house
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record in a studio/traffic manager role in a creative agency
- Excellent organisational skills
- Advanced knowledge of studio management
- Proven leadership skills and ability to meet deadlines in a stressful environment
- Motivating a team with a wide variety of skill sets
- Have meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of an integrated agency.
- Digital and print experience
- Art Buying experience
- Print Buying experience
Location: fully remote or part remote
Day rate - £300-350 per day (outside IR35)
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me via email or connect with me on LinkedIn: Charlotte Besant
Major Players are the UK’s leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.
Contact: Charlotte Besant