We are working with a truly integrated marketing agency who's diverse experts in data, strategy, creative, media and tech work across multiple channels to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes. Behind the scenes, and keeping the agency of 3,500 people ticking, is a hard working and dedicated finance team - without them the magic can't happen.
Contact: Tayla Wagenhauser
The finance team are now looking to hire an astute, personable and detail driven Finance Systems Administrator who will bridge the finance team with the rest of the agency. You will be responsible for building, managing and maintaining controls within the system that are essential gateways for the smooth running of the business and its various projects. As Finance Systems Administrator, your role and decisions affect multiple departments so having brilliant contextual awareness is key. It will also enable you to justify and articulate clear answers to various non-finance professionals who will come to you with queries and requests. Due to the scale of the agency, the Finance Team are able to consistently offer training and career progression for their employees and this role is not different - it's a crucial position that can expose you to, and offer a career path within, different segments of finance due to the collaborative nature of the team.
Responsibilities and focus areas include:
Starters and Leavers
- Liaising with the HR department and managing requests for starters and leavers access control to the agency time and expenses system.
- Ensuring that the users list is up-to-date in the agency time and expenses system.
- Managing special admin rights in relation to users accounts.
- Assisting in the completion of the quarterly SOD controls audit.
- Full responsibility of logging and tracking agency expense claims to ensure efficient and timely payment is made by the AP teams - includes liaising with Finance members and assisting in their approvals of such claims.
- Archiving of original expense claims once fully approved by the agency, ensuring good document control processes are in place.
- Providing 1st line support in relation to expense claims based on an in depth knowledge of the agency process and policy.
Project Life Cycle
- Maintaining the agency Job Creation Mailbox which represents the first level of Finance Controllership for the project side of the business and so responds to a wide variety of requests, including ad hoc analysis and information. Includes :
Job Creation requests being reviewed, validated and completed
Job Update requests, modifying information and controls relating to our Jobs profile
Job Closure requests, ensuring these are completed efficiently.
- Reviewing all live project codes, to ensure auditability of documentation and client contracts.
- Regularly liaise with both Client Services and the Finance Team to follow up on projects deemed 'At Risk' - acting as a key control
- Fortnightly reporting on status of all Job Codes Audit
- Weekly Jobs profile health check.
- Responsible for creating new clients in the agency Finance System and ensuring that all necessary information and checks (Including Credit Checks) are completed.
- Liaise with the Client Account Manager running the credit checks and escalate where required.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Lively and enthusiastic
- Pro-active and use of initiative
- Team player - in this culture everyone gets involved to help each other
- Professional - in this role you will be privy to commercially confidential information, related to prospective clients and to personnel and therefore absolute discretion is required.
If you are a detail orientated, personable professional with previous experience in a similar role or working on project based financial systems (bonus if in a creative agency) and would relish the opportunity to grow within an established and nurturing company that offers training in various areas of finance, then please apply now!