Motion Design/Video Editor
Are you a super creative video editor who also has a passion for making compelling motion graphics? Are you also on the lookout for a fresh challenge? if so then get in touch with us as we could have the perfect opportunity for you.
We're working with one of the worlds leading communications agencies that has more than 80 global offices in more than 40 different markets. They draw on their signifiant heritage and a spirit of unbridled creativity & innovation in order to help this clients improve their reputaions in todays environment. They work with some of the biggest names from budweiser through to ford motors and adidas.
In the Studio, they create ideas and bring them to life. They're a multi-disciplined team, creating brand content for integrated marketing campaigns, brand experiences and brand identity. They currently have a team of around 25; a mix of 2D, 3D and digital designers, art directors, editors and producers; supported by a creative services team. In addition, they are supplemented by freelancers when specialist skills are needed or workload dictates
You will be working within the Studio team and your primary duty will be to work in post-production, editing video content and generating motion graphics for a variety of clients and brands.
You’ll be working closely with producers, art directors, creative directors and account management to bring a shared vision to life. You will need to be a talented video editor with an eye for great motion design, and a desire to deliver the highest standard of work.
Your video editing experience should include planning and creating video content for social media, promos and brand videos. Your motion design experience should include planning and creating animated visuals, animations and motion graphics. You must possess an awareness of trends across social content channels and the ability to think creatively, be detail-orientated and have a passion for branded content and digital media.
As a part of the film and production team, you will be involved at all stages of the creative process, from interpreting the brief, assisting on mood storyboards and rough cuts, and producing motion content suitable for publication across multiple devices. Our ideal candidate is a team player but will also need to be self-sufficient.
You must have at least three years proven experience in a similar, fast-paced creative environment
using Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop and be comfortable working with digital
video cameras like Sony A7R or Sony FS7.
– Curious, creative, inspirational and entrepreneurial
– Smart, direct and a clear communicator
– An optimist that’s calm under pressure
– Obsessive about attention to detail
– Fresh thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of working
– Working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
– A multitasker
– Support our talented creative team to deliver high end video and motion design content, from social media videos to production ready spots, motion graphics and animations or brand films
– Take responsibility for multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest standard
– Developing mood storyboards, rough cuts, motion end card, high-end case study films, mood films, animated infographics and motion typography and 3D animations
– Ability to address all client notes and edits throughout the approval process
– Be responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications
– Maintain proper file structure and naming conventions allowing for future edits
– Shooting content alongside a producer and art director or alone
– Animation: An understanding of character animation and rigging would be useful, but not essential
– At least 3 - 5 years motion design / video editing experience
– Working knowledge of Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
– Excellent layout, colour, typography, illustration, storyboarding, motion design and video editing skills
– Experience of other Adobe Creative Cloud applications and 3D applications like Cinema 4D would be a big advantage
– Experience to deliver multiple projects whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times
– Camera/shooting experience using Sony AR7 / FS7 or equivalent
– Must demonstrate sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends
– Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow through abilities
– Solid communication skills
– Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
– Well organised
Salary & Perks £38-42k
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, please do not hesitate to get in contact with on DD: +44 (0)20 7845 7213 or connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edwinawickham/
Major Players are the UK’s leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit:www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.
Contact: Edwina Wickham