We are looking for a Digital Product Manager for our client who is a growing charity with a critically important public health agenda. This is a new role with the opportunity for the right candidate to shape the future digital portfolio for the organisation.
As their Digital Product Manager, you'll play a key role in the organisation leading on the ongoing development of company's existing and new products and channels, including the website, social channels, email and digital tools.
* Develop the digital strategy and deliver a compelling offer to support people who are experiencing gambling harms, this includes the website, social channels and a range of digital tools
* The role will have demonstrable ability to lead a multidisciplinary project team of researchers, tech teams, designers, developers and stakeholder contacts. This will include delivering effective agile projects encompassing inception, user experience, product road maps, customer journey, continuous improvement and evaluation
* Use data and evidence from multiple sources to review content, channels and products, assessing their impact and effectiveness, using this to inform future content development
* Oversight of content strategy and delivery, working with Content Manager
* Promote and maintain high standards for content, channel management and product development across the organisation, developing guidance and training for colleagues
* Developing excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including agencies and delivery partners, to reduce and prevent gambling harms
* Overall responsibility for leading the planning, co-ordination and delivery of the various product roadmaps across all of their digital products and services, making sure that a full suite of products is developed in a co-ordinated way that delivers the maximum value as rapidly as practical to their user base.
* Formulating and prioritising the product backlog in line with user needs and organisational strategy.
* Continually use data and user research to evaluate the success of product features, including preparing a range of reports and other statistical analyses to put forward recommendations to facilitate the interpretation of specific issues.
* Management of agencies and providers to effectively deliver products and their content.
* Support the production of Board, Committee and Leadership Team papers and reporting tools.
* Proven track record of planning and delivering complex digital products and services
* Able to create and manage a product roadmap, manage priorities and dependencies, mitigate risks and report status updates to teams and stakeholders
* Awareness of agile methodologies, particularly in relation to content improvement
* Experience of development of content strategy
* Delivery of a range of content formats, including via commissioning third party suppliers
* Able to define what user research & needs discovery techniques are appropriate to specific problem scenarios. Able to elicit user needs via user research techniques
* Excellent understanding of web technologies and the digital platform environments required to ensure functionality, reliability, data integrity and security
* Experience of using customer insight and delivering analytics to regularly evaluate and improve work
* Demonstrate a good understanding of accessibility and usability issues.
* An ability to make complex information simple
* Strong delivery focus, with the ability to drive progress forward and a concern for results and achieving goals.
* Must be prepared to travel and attend meetings and training as required, which may involve occasional overnight stays
Our client pride themselves on offering a work environment that encourage professional growth. They have a competency framework in place that sets out the skills, knowledge and behaviours that lead to successful performance. The framework is used as a basis for determining what employees need to achieve and how they can work to achieve this. The framework is designed to empower staff to take control of their career and we deliver on this by offering regular internal and skills-based training opportunities for all employees, at any level. There are also opportunities for coaching across the team and with junior colleagues and they also provide an internal mentoring framework for all staff.
You will be line managing 1 x content manager as well as leading the way with the digital agency.
Location: Hybrid/ Central London
Salary £50,000 FTE
If you would like a confidential chat about this role or your next career move, then please get in contact with me: DD: 020 7845 7725 or connect via email at email@example.com
Major Players are the UK's leading digital, marketing, creative and tech talent agency. We offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexuality, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At Major Players, we are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion within the industries we service, creating impactful and meaningful change to our partners, candidates and employees. For further information visit: www.majorplayers.co.uk/diversity-equity-inclusion/.
Contact: Maia Visnikar