Back End Developer - London - £50k
Contact: Oliver Rogers
They are an advertising and digital agency that de-risks brave commercial and creative decision making.
They are creatively courageous, strategically forensic, digitally progressive, data smart, behaviour obsessed.
As they grow their internal Development team and capabilities, they are looking for an experienced back-end developer to join the development team. Working alongside two front-end developers, Production Director and Digital Creative Director, you will primarily be responsible for delivering backend-end development of websites, community platforms, mobile applications, social media content, display advertising, system integrations and digital creative experiences across all clients.
As they grow, you will help shape the future of the development team, recruiting new developers, implementing process, introducing latest development trends / techniques, creating tech partnerships
For the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of an expanding development team, with exciting prospects for career growth towards Tech Lead / Tech Director role.
The day-to-day role
* Hands-on development of digital production projects
* Help advise on development resource management, freelance support on projects etc.
* Assist with scoping of projects across a wide range of clients with various levels of budgets
* Creation of dev team documentation, budgets, tech specs etc
* Develop relationships with both client tech teams and external tech partners
* Friendly, approachable and outgoing personality.
* A team player
* A source of knowledge
* A good problem solver
* Thrives on challenges
* Commercially aware
* Client facing
* Occasionally flexible on working hours to meet production delivery
* GIT with experience managing pull requests and gitflow workflow if possible
* Strong understanding of PHP
o experience building custom WordPress themes and plugins
o experience with micro frameworks like SLIM or Lumen if possible
o experience with backend frameworks like Express or Hapi
o experience with React and React Native if possible
* Experience with the AWS and DigitalOcean hosting platforms
* Continuous integration with Jenkins and BitBucket Pipelines or GitHub Actions
* Continuous deployment with Terraform and Ansible
* Unit testing with PHPUnit, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine or others
* End to end testing with Cypress or Puppeteer or others
* Agile project management with experience with Jira if possible
* At least 3 years as a developer with well-respected creative agencies or creative tech organisation
* Demonstrate experience delivering creatively led digital projects
* Proven experience delivering a wide range of digital productions. Web, Mobile, Apps, System integrations.
* Experience managing team resources - Internal, external & freelance.
* Collaborating on digital productions that require working directly with clients and external partners.
* Local adaptations, transcreation and localisation requirements
If you are the right candidate for the role I'd love to hear from you. Please apply directly or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org